Choco boy

markie1027

Mar 21, 2010
edited_mmddyydate_001.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Composition of the photo (my very first post at CS):sweat::sweat:

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Something that draws the eye into the picture that makes the viewer feels that the boy is enjoying his big chocolate

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
This was taken on morning time, with d7000 50mm

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I like this photo because ive capture the way my nephew eats his chocolate...

Last edited:
Composition seems fine for me =) but would be better if the arm & chocolate is not cut off.
But i think it's slightly underexposed.
And some blur which might be caused by handshake or too soft @ F2 or focusing problem etc, i don't know but sharpness seems not there.

Just my 2cents =P

the pic is blur... purposely? great if there is sharpness on the left eye..

it will be great if the choc wrapper did not block the right eye..
and i find the background is a distraction..

nevertheless.. nice moment to capture..

thanks for the comments.. i really don't know yet why it is not sharp, but maybe something to do with the post editing using raw on bridge or just my camera focusing... i try to reprocess it using bridge raw maybe i tweak it wrongly... but thank you very much for the comments...

It's very likely to be handshake. Your settings are at 50mm@f/2, 1/25s, iso100. As a rule of thumb, a shutter speed of 1/focal length is optimal for minimising handshake. Under the same metering, shooting at iso400 will give a shutter speed of 1/100s which should be sufficient to counter handshake.

wow..thanks for the advice.. actually its my first time to use prime lens with my new d7000... and this is my first few shots... use to own d5k with 18-55 n 55-200... sold it upgrade... thanks for the tips... anymore tips in improving is very much welcomed....