Chingay 2006 at Centre Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

tOGGY

Oct 18, 2004
My takes of the actual event. Feel free to comment.

DACB2278-water-drummers-web.jpg

DACB2258.jpg

DACB2161-korean-web.jpg

DACB2129-lion-dance-web.jpg

DACB2170-web.jpg

DACB2288.jpg

DACB2151.jpg

DACB2220.jpg

DACB2148-wayang-dancer.jpg

wow, nice takes...
I understand your difficult lighting condition, but i still feel that there's too much noise

not bad. ;)

Lovely pix, esp #1. You really captured the emotions there =D
How'd u get to be so close?

QX

Jayson_Ang said:
wow, nice takes...
I understand your difficult lighting condition, but i still feel that there's too much noise

Thanks Jayson, the shots are shot at above iso 1000 as I was very interested to get those fast and furious acrobats. Not very successful except for the superfast no 3 shot that was timed ok.

Yes, the pics are somewhat noisy. The lighting man was very hardworking, switching on and off the lights that drove me crazy. Some shots went under at ISO 800. So I got no choice but to pump up the iso more and shot raw on the 1D. Pic #1 is lady luck blessed shot as the boys drummer decided to punch up the action right in front of me for about 10 seconds.

Timberwolf, I managed to get onto the road and was shooting on the road with the 35mm lens all the way. No time to breathe nor change lens.

Just a few more pics for viewing pleasure/comments.

DACB2186-irsh-hockey-player.jpg

DACB2245-acro.jpg

DACB2211-pink-lady.jpg

so nice .. I was on the gallery seat and kena stuck there ... :(

wanted to come down the road to shoot also kena block .. :cry:

looking at the angle you shot .. you are opposite me ... ;p

KNIGHT ONG said:

KO, faster post your pics..!!:devil:

KNIGHT ONG said:

then u must be seeing that Ah Pek running about busy video camming with his mini vCam ....

emcee said:
then u must be seeing that Ah Pek running about busy video camming with his mini vCam ....

I saw a few video man running around and a few photog oso .. got 1 lady photog on my side ..:sweatsm:

KNIGHT ONG said:
I saw a few video man running around and a few photog oso .. got 1 lady photog on my side ..:sweatsm:

ok .... i was down under the tree taking and saw this ah pek so exicited running abt like never see chingay b4.

Finally i kenna block, got fed up then make my way to the road side to carry on ...

also loaded a few photos can view here ... http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=176763

emcee said:
ok .... i was down under the tree taking and saw this ah pek so exicited running abt like never see chingay b4.

Finally i kenna block, got fed up then make my way to the road side to carry on ...

also loaded a few photos can view here ... http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=176763

R u wearing black T-shirt with grey bermuda ?? I saw 1 guy there not sure whether is it you .. :think:

KNIGHT ONG said:
R u wearing black T-shirt with grey bermuda ?? I saw 1 guy there not sure whether is it you .. :think:

yeah ... probably that's me .... i was also capture in the photo #3 ... hahaha right under the tree

emcee said:
yeah ... probably that's me .... i was also capture in the photo #3 ... hahaha right under the tree

HAha .. I was behind the tree .. somewhere out there sitting on the right side seat .. ;)

KNIGHT ONG said:
HAha .. I was behind the tree .. somewhere out there sitting on the right side seat .. ;)

oh ok .... so u probably took some photos too huh ...

can share with me... would like to learn more on photography ....

thanks!!!

Any comments on my shots??

emcee said:
oh ok .... so u probably took some photos too huh ...

can share with me... would like to learn more on photography ....

thanks!!!

Any comments on my shots??

I like your first shot of the wide eyed lady with a genuine smile. Not easy to get. Which lens did you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.