Chinese tea ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies.

yumyum

Aug 18, 2005
Singapore
www.yummibear.multiply.com
I used to take photos for a friend wedding, but at the tea ceremony, I just cannot find a good spot to take photos, but that the crowd is stopping me but the way the elders and the couple poistion, i can only take photos either the couples or the elders one at a time, not much of photos contains all the 4 persons,

can anyone advise me how to position myself or the persons so that my photos can see all their faces ????

are you main or the backup?

if you are the main...tell people to move out of the way...if you are the backup...help move people out of the way for the main..thats my advise...

dun let the people around you take control...you should make your stand...get people to stop blocking you...

You could position the couple and the chairs in a V shape.. ie (clockwise based on sample pic) bride standing out, groom in, right chair in, left chair out.. here's a picture of my wedding for your reference..:)

DSC_1296.jpg

cheers,
Andrew

this is pretty normal, is not easy to get all 4 in a pic given that they are facing each other. well unless you wanna pre-pose them as above. but be careful, some couples are not receptive of pre-posing, they want it to be natural.

i used to tell the couple to staggle a bit, e.g. the guy is a little in front, same for the parents. that way from the side can still grab a bit off the side of the face.

how about a funky fisheye? :bsmilie: jk.

I think your best bet would be to position them

I used to take photos for a friend wedding, but at the tea ceremony, I just cannot find a good spot to take photos, but that the crowd is stopping me but the way the elders and the couple poistion, i can only take photos either the couples or the elders one at a time, not much of photos contains all the 4 persons,

can anyone advise me how to position myself or the persons so that my photos can see all their faces ????

You are supposed to tell them how to position.

Other than the person passing the tea cups to the couple, can always ask the other miscellaneous people not to crowd in the opposite direction you're shooting.;)

As Chewraisins has put it, that's the best way I can think of for the positioning too. You'd have to tell them how you need them to be so that you can achieve the best possible picture you need for the job.

Stagger the chairs by about 20 - 30cm back from the front edge, get a couple to sit in and check if both can be seen properly. Then informt he bride and groom to position themselves such that all 4 can be seen clearly. The tea server should also not stand directly in front of you... Best if she can be behind all 4 of them.

the tea ceremony shots are the bread and butter shots for the traditional style wedding photographers..

the photo shown here the one we call "award presentation style", arrange them in this way and shout "kan jin dou! yi! er! sun! xiao! xiao!" one shot, one kill.

so if you are asked where to set up for tea ceremony, can just arrange in this way.

btw, don't forget, man is always stands, or sits at the left side.

The tea server should also not stand directly in front of you... Best if she can be behind all 4 of them.

That sometimes is quite hard to control.. The person will keep forgetting and get in your way. ;p Remember to leave some room for the videographer as well.

That sometimes is quite hard to control.. The person will keep forgetting and get in your way. ;p Remember to leave some room for the videographer as well.

Can remind one... ;)

all you need to do is to tell the couple and the persons having tea you have to re shoot again, cos blocking by "someone".

and if you do a re-shoot for 3 times, everyone in the house will "help" you to remind the "culprit".

all you need to do is to tell the couple and the persons having tea you have to re shoot again, cos blocking by "someone".

and if you do a re-shoot for 3 times, everyone in the house will "help" you to remind the "culprit".

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: Seems like you've been thru it quite a few times. :bsmilie:

So make the relative drink again? ;p

if every methods all failed. just say these words out loud:

"来颁奖典礼, 看镜头,一,二,三,笑!"

DSC_1296.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.