Chinese Puppet Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

oeyvind

Feb 25, 2002
www.oeyvind.org
Anyone know if any of these still showing in Singapore? If yes, can share its whereabout and timing? Thanks.

:think: you're right.. i don't see them around anymore.. my place used to have but after they upgraded the estate, they aren't here anymore..:(

oeyvind said:
Anyone know if any of these still showing in Singapore? If yes, can share its whereabout and timing? Thanks.

Serangoon North Ave 1. They are celebrating the 7th month now. Saw the tentage up this morning. Guess tonite is showing.:)

puppet show not wayang leh... puppet show don't normally need tentage.. will check out that area tonight.

yanyewkay said:
puppet show not wayang leh... puppet show don't normally need tentage.. will check out that area tonight.

yes...yes...yes...puppet show.....those small small doll one, people use string, hand, stick attached to them and make them moves.....dance.....fight...etc.....I know...I know....;p

ahah ok ok.. pai seh.. I thought you might have mixed up.

I guess Tim is looking for something along the lines of wayang kulit, but of a Chinese traditional type. Or it could be those done by suspension of strings.

yups.. went down to recce. Confirm it's there. In front of the dental shop. Dunno which kind of pupper though. It was closed when I went down only the auction was running.

they left already. wanted to shoot some pics of the stage but the whole field is now empty..

today(sunday, 6 Aug), puppet show at behind blk 928, yishun central 1(it is behind the bus interchange).

check out today's Sunday Times Life section pg 9. Troupe name is 'Xin Yi Sheng'. But did not mention their schedule. Even she does not think it will last another 20 years. Quite unfortunate.

dying trade or chinese custom.

seewhy said:
check out today's Sunday Times Life section pg 9. Troupe name is 'Xin Yi Sheng'. But did not mention their schedule. Even she does not think it will last another 20 years. Quite unfortunate.

Status
Not open for further replies.