Chinese Opera Shot (TFCD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

psx2sg

Mar 15, 2005
Tomato
Hi all

Would like to invite hobbist photographer(newbie or oldbirds) for a Chinese Opera Shooting, the shooting will be basically starting from makeup, costume to on stage.

Infomation will be as follows :

Date : 14 Oct 06
Time : from 4pm to 10pm
Cost : Basically free, but if you are interested to take stage shots you can pay $3 for the tickets, cheap cheap:bsmilie:

As the makeup room is not very huge, I can only accept 5 participants to take u the shoot (sorry:sweatsm: ), do PM me if you're interested (I'll disclose the venue via PM)

Opportunity for such shoot is rare as you can take starting from beginning, and do indicate if you want to take the stage shots (from audience seat) as I'll need to reserve the tickets;)

thanks!

Hi, just like to know about some issues are:
Do the photographer need to give the photos to you or anyone to the show.
Do the photographer own the copyright for freely showing e.g. in CS or as portfolio (probably excluded from commercial gain).

zcf said:
Hi, just like to know about some issues are:
Do the photographer need to give the photos to you or anyone to the show.
Do the photographer own the copyright for freely showing e.g. in CS or as portfolio (probably excluded from commercial gain).

hi, good point raise, sorry I didn't take note of that, thanks for raising the issue, but i think for copyright issue it should not be any problem you can show it or post it if u like, however i know some of the photographer don't like their photo being displayed, therefore I would strongly advice photographer who mind photograph being showcase (i think at most only the aunties showing off the photos to their friend :bsmilie: ) please don't take up the shoot. But I would very much appreciate if I could have a copy of what you've taken and I'll pass it to the performers(they are non-profit/ameteur performer)

:sweatsm:

Hi all

Never knew this would be so popular and I thank you for your support.

the slots had been filled but however I will place those who PM me late as reserve.
1. ZxxxJxxx
2. & Friend
3. WxxSXXn
4. RxxxoXd
5. NXsXX6

psx2sg said:
Hi all

Never knew this would be so popular and I thank you for your support.

the slots had been filled but however I will place those who PM me late as reserve.
1. ZxxxJxxx
2. & Friend
3. WxxSXXn
4. RxxxoXd
5. NXsXX6
Sorry , my bad, it should be
1. ZxxxJxxx
2. & Friend
3. WxxSXXn
4. RxxxoXd
5. Jxxx0XX[/QUOTE]

Really sorry, it's my 1st time organise such event and i did not expect such overwhelm support. I'll discuss with the teacher and see if it's possible to allow more photographer taking part in the shooting. Thank you and sorry if there's any cropups

:sweat:

u want TFCD... but pay $3 entrance to pay stage shots? im sorry, but thats a bit rich..

ortega said:
i think 5 photogs are enough as if it gets too crowded the photogs will get in each others way
ts my worries too, thats why i don't want to get too many photographers involved.

jdredd said:
u want TFCD... but pay $3 entrance to pay stage shots? im sorry, but thats a bit rich..

The CD are merely for the performers and the $3 tickets are for the photographers to get into the audience seat to watch and as well as to take photos, I will also need to pay to shoot. Incase you make further comments please note that these group of people doesn't make any money from performing. Costumes, Makeups, stage etc all these costs money and by paying $3 to watch a show is just showing a little bit of appreciation in this traditional Arts. Inaddition, I don't think I had put any line stating the photographers needs to pay $3.

I just hope anyone who wish to make such comments please be fair to others too :nono:

psx2sg said:
The CD are merely for the performers and the $3 tickets are for the photographers to get into the audience seat to watch and as well as to take photos, I will also need to pay to shoot. Incase you make further comments please note that these group of people doesn't make any money from performing. Costumes, Makeups, stage etc all these costs money and by paying $3 to watch a show is just showing a little bit of appreciation in this traditional Arts. Inaddition, I don't think I had put any line stating the photographers needs to pay $3.

I just hope anyone who wish to make such comments please be fair to others too :nono:

Sorry what i was trying to say is i didn't put a compulsory $3 charge, but to take performance you'll need to buy the enterence tix. But I'm sure if anyone would mind paying $3 for such traditional arts appreciation they would not want to participate in the shoot

psx2sg said:

I agree with this, he did not ask us to pay.. its voluntary gesture if we want to watch the opera and also take photos on stage.

I think it it clearly stated here:
"Basically free, but if you are interested to take stage shots you can pay $3 for the tickets, cheap cheap"

Besides $3 is really cheap in order to watch a traditional art.

Peace !

zildjohn said:
I agree with this, he did not ask us to pay.. its voluntary gesture if we want to watch the opera and also take photos on stage.

I think it it clearly stated here:
"Basically free, but if you are interested to take stage shots you can pay $3 for the tickets, cheap cheap"

Besides $3 is really cheap in order to watch a traditional art.

Peace !

thanks for clearifying John

HI Nicholas/photoman, sorry but I've temp only allow 5 photographer to participate therefore it had been filled up quite fast, so i think i'll not ba able to allow more photographers. but as for those I've replied thru PM, dun worry, i have your Hp nos, will sms u when the date is near to arrange for meetup on actual day.

Oh ... man .. i miss it.

Later can anounce.... the location

i want to go take the Stage Photo. [I already miss the first part , hope wounld miss the performance part. ]

jacker said:
Oh ... man .. i miss it.

Later can anounce.... the location

i want to go take the Stage Photo. [I already miss the first part , hope wounld miss the performance part. ]

Yah, I will try to see if there's still tix available (coz they usually sells fast) i suppose it shouldn't be any problem for stage shots. Will probably announce the venue when the date draws near :sweatsm:

Just a suggestion.

I'm agreed with ortega that the backstage will to too congested for shooting together, but you guys don't need a few hours to shoot at backstage.

How about open to some other photographers, but come at stagger hours or limited the numbers to photographers to go up the stage at one time.

But if is too inconvenient to organizing it this way, than should leave it as original planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.