chinese opera photography.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesser

Dec 28, 2002
Serangoon
www.jesserswork.com.sg
for those chinese opera show along our streets, can i just go there and start taking photos on them??? will i be get chase away? :dunno: anyone do have experience on this form of photography? wish to collect an album on them.
any advise? thanks in advance.

dunno if the organisers are english savvy? should try to talk to them 1st ~ehe but for this kind of situation my modus operandi is usually just shoot n run lor. but the area should be usually in HDB estates or other built up areas? then got to plan escape route in advance ^_^ . but try talk to them 1st .

where and how often do these performances occur??
they seem quite elusive..

thanks.

over serangoon north area where those few temples are, usually there will be opera shows almost every month. china town over at hong lim hawker center also do have opera shows on and off. tot of dress up like a tourist and just go there, shoot a few, if nothing happens, carry on shooting and if kana chase away, just act blurr lor........ :rolleyes: :what:

You are a photographer man ... just go there and shoot shoot .... to play safe you can also seek their permission first ... maybe they even granted you permission to the backstage where they do their makeup.

I did that before and they may ask you for some photos ... :D just send them a few will do ... :bsmilie:

KNIGHT ONG said:
You are a photographer man ... just go there and shoot shoot .... to play safe you can also seek their permission first ... maybe they even granted you permission to the backstage where they do their makeup.

I did that before and they may ask you for some photos ... :D just send them a few will do ... :bsmilie:

LET me give some insight into that

I was official photographer for one such event and was FIRMLY told
all neg MUST be returned and no copies made......hmmmm.......
which puzzled me since their tone was dead serious.

It turns out there are some competition amongst various troope
and they did not want others to copy their costumes ( which werent much to start with , heheheee )

HOWEVER when pointed out that various members of the audience were poping away, they did not mind ( presume them to be fans, hence ok )

GO FIGURE,,,,, guess if you are in chinese opera, you couldnt be too bright :)

Status
Not open for further replies.