Chinese New Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Dawn

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore
www.5stonesphoto.com
Hi

some shots taken around Bedok Town Central last Sat (after shooting a street performance event)........

Chinese New Year almost upon us....

CRW_2236L.jpg

and many have started their CNY shopping....

CRW_2229L_bw.jpg

Goodies Galore!
CRW_2241L.jpg

2 brothers looking for gold?
CRW_2245L.jpg

These kids were amusing themselves with the Chinese drums set for sale.....
The best thing about this series of photos is, the pple don't seem to mind me being physically close to them, and most went about their own business after smiling at them nicely....

CRW_2231L.jpg

CRW_2232L.jpg

I couldn't resist taking these cute piggies....

CRW_2227L.jpg

CRW_2228L.jpg

Impressive! Did you use any flash. Can share with us your settings.
Are these taken in the afternoon?:embrass:

Originally posted by Jethro
Impressive! Did you use any flash. Can share with us your settings.
Are these taken in the afternoon?:embrass:

Hi

nope flash was not used for the series of shots posted above.
All the CNY pics and the racing car pics were all taken at night, after 9 pm......
i'm actually quite surprised the town centre is still very much busy and alive at that time....

All of the pics were taken with my (only) wide angle lens, the Sigma 20 f1.8 (effective field of view of a 32mm lens) with apertures ranging from f2 to f4........i found that it gives the most intimate pics and that sense of participation. Anyway i was too close to my subjects for any other longer lens to be useful..........i can't exactly snipe from a distance cos of the crowds and pple blocking my view - the only way to take any pics is to actually mingle with the pple.......

iso was at 800 - some of the stall lightings were pretty good, so never had a reason to go beyond 800. Also, sometimes i compensated a bit on the plus side cos of the reflective CNY decorations.

Thank you Red Dawn for sharing.
Since the pix look so natural in the lightings assuming the stall are lighted with candescent lights then why there isn't any tinge of yellow.
Did U use any blue filters or if you're using DG, what WB setting was used?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.