Chinese New Year weight gain

ed9119

Staff member
Mar 11, 2002
Singapore
www.walkeast.com
So disappointed with myself..... I pumped up 2.5kg over the last 3 days from Friday till Sunday night on pineapple tarts , kueh lapis and bak kua washed down with beer and F&N soft drinks

Still got 12 days to go

U guys maintaining your weight ?

LoLz! Speak for yourself.. I'll point out the evilest (is there such word ;p) food. Kueh lapis (tons of eggs), and soft drinks.
1 can of soft drinks need few hours of walk to burn the calories. This year my family received almost half a dozen cakes, usually around 10". However we manage to give a few to other relatives. Myself.. I only eat a slice or two per day. I havent try the weight scale though

I have yet to find courage to face the weighing scale...

It might be water retention. Contrary to popular belief, that doesn't just happen to pregnant ladies or people with kidney problems.

No change in weight, allowing for the usual fluctuations. But of course didn't eat much junk food either. :bsmilie:

2.5kg in 3 days ???

You must be kidding.

How can that be possible???

2.5kg in 3 days ???

You must be kidding.

Well, if you do calculations, 2.5 kg of fat = 2500 * 9 calories = 22,500 calories..

http://danielfooddiary.com/2012/01/18/calorie-cny/

Assuming you eat your normal caloric expenditure and 275 pineapple tarts on top of that...

So disappointed with myself..... I pumped up 2.5kg over the last 3 days from Friday till Sunday night on pineapple tarts , kueh lapis and bak kua washed down with beer and F&N soft drinks

Still got 12 days to go

I walk for 5 hours from River HongBao => Garden by the bay => Satay by the bay => Marina Barrage.

Lost some weight :) and got sun burnt :(

Now my skin is red like AngBao :bsmilie:

You should organize an outing. You will lose weight after the exercise :bsmilie:

I walk for 5 hours from River HongBao => Garden by the bay => Satay by the bay => Marina Barrage.

Lost some weight :) and got sun burnt :(

Now my skin is red like AngBao :bsmilie:

You should organize an outing. You will lose weight after the exercise :bsmilie:

Good idea with outing. Long distance walking while carrying double digit kilograms worth of weight would help us all lose weight in no time.

I gained 5-6 kg.

i fell sick during this CNY. lack of sleep plus unable to eat all those snacks really helps in keeping my diet in check :)

2.5 kg is kinda bewildering. How did u manage to hit that in 3 days....

I plonked in 2 jogs around 5km each on Chu Yi and Chu San. Today i went to Punggol end beach to shoot to help work off all the fatty stuff i ate (ya, i think i ate at least close to 6 or 7 whole abalones ... =(

end up i tio sunburn from the beach though haha

better start organizing a shoot soon

2.5kg in 3 days ???

You must be kidding.

Medically not possible!
Something wrong with yr bathrm scale, or you hv added some gears?

Weight gain is from water retention + soft drinks that have high sugar-substitutes. (chemical sugar replacements are worse than the real sugar)

2.5kg in 3 days ???
You must be kidding.
It's possible, I even can gain 2kg in 10 mins, after drank 2 ltrs of plain water :bsmilie:
It happen to me every morning LOL

Last edited:
It's possible, I even can gain 2kg in 10 mins, after drank 2 ltrs of plain water :bsmilie:

Why do you gorge yourself with 2L of water in 10 min every morning?

Water parade ??? :bsmilie:

Are you running 2.4 KM IPPT ??? :bsmilie:

I normally run from 4.45am to 6am, around 12km, and climb stair from 1 to 50 floor :D

Still got 12 days to go

Lucky you! I had no such luck! Someone watching my weight full time!