Chinese New Year Eve 2002 Fireworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckiang

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.ckphoto.net
Hi,

Here are mine. The lab scans didn't resize well somehow (dunno why). Fireworks shooting involves quite a bit of luck. Here are some of the better ones, rescanned using the office's HP Scanjet 5470c with film adaptor. A bit oversharpened tho. :p

All are shot on Fujichrome Provia 100F, Nikon F100, Nikkor AF 20mm f2.8D. Manual mode, f/8 and bulb mode (various timings, can't remember).

fireworks1.jpg

fireworks2.jpg

fireworks3.jpg

Regards
CK

Any tips on taking those shots?

Originally posted by ckiang

Thanks! Hmm... didn't I say "Nikon F100, Nikkor AF 20mm f2.8D" ? It's a 20mm prime lens. ;)

Regards
CK
Pai seh, :embrass: . I know nuts about SLR lens. 20mm, is it a wide angle? I thot smallest is 28mm?

Originally posted by Kevin
Pai seh, :embrass: . I know nuts about SLR lens. 20mm, is it a wide angle? I thot smallest is 28mm?

24-35mm is wide angle
14-20mm is ultra wide

You get a lot of choices when u use an SLR. :)

below 14 is mostly fisheye, though there are 14, 15, 16mm fisheye lenses around too.

then fisheye lenses got rectilinear and the non-rectilinear ones. The non-rectilinear ones are the ones which give you a more or less circular image with a lot of fisheye distortion.

Regards
CK

24-35mm is wide angle
14-20mm is ultra wide

You get a lot of choices when u use an SLR. :)

below 14 is mostly fisheye, though there are 14, 15, 16mm fisheye lenses around too.

then fisheye lenses got rectilinear and the non-rectilinear ones. The non-rectilinear ones are the ones which give you a more or less circular image with a lot of fisheye distortion.
Regards
CK
Wah very "deep" ah! Must save this thread and study slowly. Get a lot of choices with SLR mean soend more more money also right.:(

Anyway, Sam from John3:16 just certify my old Minolta 5xi still useable so I am going to send to Minolta service to demold (service it). How often do you all send in the SLR for service?

If I want to replace my current lens (30-85mm), any recommendation (economical one lah:D )?

Thanks--

Originally posted by Kevin

Anyway, Sam from John3:16 just certify my old Minolta 5xi still useable so I am going to send to Minolta service to demold (service it). How often do you all send in the SLR for service?

Thanks--

if it costs quite a lot to service, u might want to consider picking up a good condition 2nd hand dynax 5... last time i saw one was around 300.

Originally posted by Larry
yeah, bummer isn't it... :cry:

larry, maybe the new CS project should titled "shooting in the rain"

we seldom see posts that are in raining day ... that is a challenge !!!

Thanks for the compliments. Next fireworks will probably be National Day already...

Regards
CK

can share some lucks ? :D nice shots !

Status
Not open for further replies.