Chinese-made Pentax-compatible lenses

sobrietyanonymous

Sep 29, 2011
i know there are some fanatics out there who are all into russian/eastern europe lenses

but how about our red neighbor, China?

haha did some research,

theres a site dedicated to Lenses (all mounts) and theres 1 antiquated one that mounts into PK system
ä¸*国相机档案

3_0.jpg

i think it'll be amazing to try it out and have a look at the image quality :)

Last edited:
also found several recent Pentax compatible chinese made lenses on taobao, their ebay of sorts

UyxnS.jpg

CJclO.jpg

T1m_VLXkNJXXX9J9Q._113433.jpg_310x310.jpg

approx $60SGD

going China around Xmas, thinking of going around to look for chinese lenses to try :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
here i think is a reasonably good one with good reviews

Zhu Jiang 50/1.8
Öé½*50mm/F1.8±ê×¼A¾µÍ· Ö§³Ö×Ô¶¯Æعâ±öµÃÊÊÓÃ-ÌÔ±¦Íø
it says 自动曝光
don't know if that means auto-focus or just auto-aperature

very tempted to try a few ;)

i think it means "auto exposure" - meaning PK-A - with auto aperture.

but i'm a little unsure - there's no 'A' setting on the aperture ring :think:

these are stuff u might get for novelty purposes i suppose... from the taobao ad, the sample pic looks ok, sharp, nice bokeh.

but u never know what u're getting with such unknown lenses - like russian lenses, the QC could be very varied. some are sharp, some are not. without modern coating, expect flare, CA and other flaws.

i guess thats part of the fun of getting such lenses :) like forrest gump would say 'life is like a box of chocolates... u never know what u're gonna get'.

I think it mean av mode..ie you set the aperture on the lens and it will auto set the shutter speed..there is no exposure compensation..something like mv1 so the only way to play around with exposure is to change the iso setting

I want one for fun, don't care IQ... if it is around +-SGD60!
perfer those around 10-28mm prime... can help me buy one? haha

I want one for fun, don't care IQ... if it is around +-SGD60!
perfer those around 10-28mm prime... can help me buy one? haha
'
i dun dare to order from taobao! haha but when im there sure ill keep a lookout

creampuff said:
I have this lens in PK mount. It is a Mitakon and based on the Nikon 85mm f/2 double gauss design. It is available for sale if anybody is interested.

hi can pm me the price? Mounts on k-x right? Thanks :)

there are a lot of PK mount chinese lens, as my father use a Chinese brand called "Phenix" (yes, not Pheonix)

as the Phenix brand camera is using PK mount, (some are MD/MC mount) ; one of the biggest and oldest camera brand in China, but after digital age comes, they fade away.

their old lens is pretty good, but modern age, they are cutting costs and still produce manual lens, but built quality is ok but not up to the Pentax M series, while image quality are quite good.

their 85mm f2 and 135mm f2.8 manual lens fill a good place for those manual lens users; and 24mm f2.8 is also available brand new. some has A contacts as well.

my father's "Phenix 28-135mm f3.8-5.2 1:4 macro" is now working on my Pentax very well, but it is 600g, so a bit heavy, but the glass it big and solid.

6400041559_48b20ca46d_b.jpg

Hua Guang, Zhu Jiang, Feng Huang (Phenix) are the major brand still producing manual lens.

But for manual lens, it always recommend a good split focus screen, and the stock screen is not good for accurate manual focus, unless you use live view to focus

shot 1 of 28-135
6400156933_02e3e61142_b.jpg

6400156735_642436bc80_b.jpg

Last edited:
thanks sunnycamera for sharing ur photos.. i find the IQ pretty decent will go around xmas to china to scout for vintage chinese lenses.. and will post up shots here. :)

am also looking for split screen focus, 49mm filters.. but hey, no $ to buy all yet.. haha!

also jus got a DA 35/2.0 and now awaiting ebay to send 2 cheapo manual lenses over

I have this lens in PK mount. It is a Mitakon and based on the Nikon 85mm f/2 double gauss design. It is available for sale if anybody is interested.

This is a pretty decent lens, IQ is very good for its price. And it has quite some followers in China.

Who know where to get the 85 mm f:/2 Len and any wide angle china lens :)