Chinese Invent Golf?


Status
Not open for further replies.

nightwolf75

Moderator
Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
17,858
14
38
really MORE diaper changes
#6
philliptan said:
Not surprised... the Chinese invented so many things that we still use today... :)
yeah... except for some quirks in history, the chinese will be credited for a number of discoveries too (like the arabs). ;)
 

philliptan

Senior Member
Jun 29, 2005
1,491
0
0
Pasir Ris
ourplants.wordpress.com
#8
You guys should read the book "1421"... During the time when the Chinese Emperor and his court ate from porcelain plates, the King of England held a wedding feast using stale bread as plates... that's how advance the Chinese were. The King ferried guests from France on 4 fishing boats.... the Chinese fleet that Zheng He commanded consists of thousands of huge vessels.

Too bad Zhu Di's successor was useless and destroyed all the books in the great libraries and closed China off...
 

nightwolf75

Moderator
Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
17,858
14
38
really MORE diaper changes
#9
philliptan said:
You guys should read the book "1421"... During the time when the Chinese Emperor and his court ate from porcelain plates, the King of England held a wedding feast using stale bread as plates... that's how advance the Chinese were. The King ferried guests from France on 4 fishing boats.... the Chinese fleet that Zheng He commanded consists of thousands of huge vessels.

Too bad Zhu Di's successor was useless and destroyed all the books in the great libraries and closed China off...
ah! i see u have the book too? ;p

there are more of such books documenting abt the chinese and arabic/persian civilizations, and their discoveries while much of europe was in the dark ages. if not for some quirks in history and ignoramous fools, who knows wat the world would be like today? :bsmilie:
 

Sjourn

Senior Member
Aug 9, 2004
967
0
0
Punggol 21
#10
aiyah...play civilisation III, than u can choose your great nation:bsmilie:
 

slaam

New Member
Aug 29, 2004
1,548
0
0
West
naturespies.blogspot.com
#12
philliptan said:
You guys should read the book "1421"... During the time when the Chinese Emperor and his court ate from porcelain plates, the King of England held a wedding feast using stale bread as plates... that's how advance the Chinese were. The King ferried guests from France on 4 fishing boats.... the Chinese fleet that Zheng He commanded consists of thousands of huge vessels.

Too bad Zhu Di's successor was useless and destroyed all the books in the great libraries and closed China off...
interesting! will attempt to look for the book...
well i guess zhu di's successor was jus tired of being ripped off by outsiders since china cld stand by itself...
haha is this a good point to argue for globalisation? hmmmm
or is it jus a case of too much pride?

its a pity alot of ppl think chinese as a civilisation is backdated. I think its particularly so for medicine. Some lecturer I rem as saying that western medicine looks for mechanism then do years of field testing before releasing the medcine. the Chinese way is to do the field testing and see what works. haha dunno how right he is.. but was an interesting thought..

oh chinese invented kites too ya?
 

philliptan

Senior Member
Jun 29, 2005
1,491
0
0
Pasir Ris
ourplants.wordpress.com
#14
Some of the more important inventions by the Chinese...

- Iron casting
- Water clocks
- Compass (circa 206 AD)
- Abacus (the first "calculator")
- Planetarium
- Paper (105 AD)
- Books
- Printer
- Ink (2697 BC)
- Seismoscope (132 AD)
 

jsbn

Senior Member
Jul 24, 2002
2,944
0
0
Planet Eropagnis
#15
The Golden Era of Islam & the Great Chinese Civilisations, with all their inventions & cultures.

All that's lost when one doesn't know how to exploit the weakness of others and let the weak steal, refine, rise up and to trample upon the once great.
 

sk.images

New Member
Dec 9, 2005
1,244
0
0
www.pbase.com
#17
nightwolf75 said:
yeah... except for some quirks in history, the chinese will be credited for a number of discoveries too (like the arabs). ;)
Now that is news - "The Chinese discovered the Arabs?" :confused: ;) ;p
 

nightwolf75

Moderator
Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
17,858
14
38
really MORE diaper changes
#18
cyber_m0nkey said:
Now that is news - "The Chinese discovered the Arabs?" :confused: ;) ;p
eh... pls re-read again.... :rolleyes:

"yeah... except for some quirks in history, the chinese will be credited for a number of discoveries too (like the arabs)." - explanation: the chinese are credited for making a number of discoveries, just like the arabs are also credited for making a number of discoveries.... :rolleyes:
 

slaam

New Member
Aug 29, 2004
1,548
0
0
West
naturespies.blogspot.com
#19
philliptan said:
Some of the more important inventions by the Chinese...

- Iron casting
- Water clocks
- Compass (circa 206 AD)
- Abacus (the first "calculator")
- Planetarium
- Paper (105 AD)
- Books
- Printer
- Ink (2697 BC)
- Seismoscope (132 AD)
haha just imagine if there was a thousand year patent on inks and printers ..
the chinese will be making millions cos of the INKjet PRINTER industry...
and since cos of production is so much lower there.. manufacturer inks won't be so ex!!!
haha sorry can't resist it..
 

sk.images

New Member
Dec 9, 2005
1,244
0
0
www.pbase.com
#20
nightwolf75 said:
eh... pls re-read again.... :rolleyes:

"yeah... except for some quirks in history, the chinese will be credited for a number of discoveries too (like the arabs)." - explanation: the chinese are credited for making a number of discoveries, just like the arabs are also credited for making a number of discoveries.... :rolleyes:
I get it, it was just a pun on your words :what:
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom