Chinese Garden Shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

sclau19

Sep 29, 2006
Hi guys...trying my night shoot....kindly post your c&c.
IMG_2718.jpg

unfortunately the shadow came from the spotlight shining hard on it.

IMG_2753.jpg

IMG_2791.jpg

Try not to post too many shots... dunno where to start giving comments... ha ha ha...

whoops sorry newbie here. have list them according to #1, #2,#3 n so on...

nice twin concept, but the framing is a little off, I think it'd be better if the lines are more straight, try rotating in PS? did u use flashlight? or is the shadows already that hard?

Nice colours. I think you could have included the whole swirling architecture in, it's been cut off. Personally I would prefer it to be around 1/2stops more underexposed so I can see the vibrant colors even more, and have the water get darker.

Your strongest photo here imo. But maybe u could have use a longer focal length and just include those "lanterns" (i dont know what to call them), or maybe crop them?

nice twin concept, but the framing is a little off, I think it'd be better if the lines are more straight, try rotating in PS? did u use flashlight? or is the shadows already that hard?

Nice colours. I think you could have included the whole swirling architecture in, it's been cut off. Personally I would prefer it to be around 1/2stops more underexposed so I can see the vibrant colors even more, and have the water get darker.

Your strongest photo here imo. But maybe u could have use a longer focal length and just include those "lanterns" (i dont know what to call them), or maybe crop them?

thanks for the c&c. basically:
1)Spot light shining hard on the entrance any angle shot also gets the shadow i assume but i prefer the front direct shot. no flash light use.
2)how to work on that hehe...newbie
3)tripod used with kit lens 18-55. no cropping at all i know can do all the pp but i wanna see what kind of quality the camera or lens can bring up. I realise imo, i need to use a tripod more with the kit lens to get a better output.

i mean if u crop the main part out or zoom a little more (if u can), it'd look better :D

oic. noted. thanks for the guidance.

IMG_2718.jpg

Try a tighter crop the next time... the other additional elements at the bottom of the image are neither here nor there.

IMG_2753.jpg

Again, you have a framing/composition problem.

IMG_2791.jpg

Same composition problems here. Framing is not interesting to look at.

IMG_2718.jpg

Try a tighter crop the next time... the other additional elements at the bottom of the image are neither here nor there.

IMG_2753.jpg

Again, you have a framing/composition problem.

IMG_2791.jpg

Same composition problems here. Framing is not interesting to look at.

hi thanks for the cc. would u be able to make use of the pics and edit to state what u think is desire and enlighten me coz not too clear about what u meant by your framing/composition problem.

:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.