chinese garden lantern festival

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurblur

Aug 10, 2006
Singapore
Hi, any bro/Sis now will there be any chinese garden lantern festival this year?

I doubt do, even if so, i don see as a big event like last year. Cos i tried looking for info on lantern festival there, seemed like no setup of anything etc yet... at such late time already.. so highly doubt got any special activities there... maybe some last min stuffs... maybe JTC loosing $$, no one rent their warehouse spaces.

thanks brother

i miss the lantern festival especially with my family

Quote:

THE Tian Fu Club, an association for Chinese immigrants, aims to hold a bigger Mid-Autumn festival next month and get its older members to mingle with more-recent Chinese immigrants. It will be the biggest event Tian Fu has organised, costing around $20,000.

I doubt there will be one this year. I was there 2 weeks ago, and there was nothing in preparation for such an event.
Normally preparation starts quite early.

I don't think there will be a Lantern Festival at the Chinese Garden this year. I have not seen a single banner advertising it. Usually by this time ofthe year, you'll see the banners being hung on the roadsides around the Chinese Garden.

Also there seems to be some works being done on the lake. Perhaps work on the new Jurong Lake District started, and Chinese Garden is affected??.:think:

Think there will be one, went chinese garden last weekend, already see people start to decorate the place...

Really, that would be great man. I tot chinese garden is closed, then the celeb would be at Chinatown. :)

Really, that would be great man. I tot chinese garden is closed, then the celeb would be at Chinatown. :)

Chinese Garden has never been closed. It's more crowded that you would've imagined.

Chinese Garden has never been closed. It's more crowded that you would've imagined.

Haha I see, I shall go there one day. Has been long since the last time I go there. :)

Now Carpark need to pay. Saw some lanterns being set up. Only those round red lanterns around the Garden. Did not see any theme yet.

ya lo.. i staying near chinese garden, only have some round red lanterns inside the garden, nothing special yet... :dunno::dunno:

Personally, I don't think there will be any major event at CG this year. At this point in time, if there's still no publicity, then that's it liao, as the actual day of Lantern Festival is this coming Saturday.

Called JTC a few days ago, they said there`s no theme this yr, juz normal lanterns :)

Am staying near CG. Thought of going tomorrow night. But now idea crushed. Missed last two years'.

Status
Not open for further replies.