Chinese 7th month... what happens then ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rueyloon

Jan 17, 2002
www.rueyloon.com
hi guys,

the chinese 7th month will present many photo oppotunities.. because I'm christian, I'm not familiar with the happenings during this month, I only know about the getai....

can someone help me when what other things occurs during this month ?? and most importantly.. when those happens ?

I'm probably going to produce a while series on the 7th month..

help help ? please

if you guys interested, we can work to get the photo oppotunities .. work together.

thanks ! :p

There's these burning of those giant incense and joss papers, people will start offering to the 'so call' brothers and sisters. offering often include ducks, chicken, fish, vegetable. etc.
people also believe that it's not advisable to stay out on the first and last day of that month.

first day the spirits went start roaming the living plane, thus, if you stay out late, high chance you might meet some of them, consider highly unlucky. last day being the spirits are going back, same thing, but it's more dangerous, in the sense that ppl believe the spirits will try to look for replacement, thus may drag you into hell with them. (the stories goes on and on.....)

guess if you are looking for photos oppunities, i feel it would be best to take of ppl offering their offering to the spirits. most of the ppl will stay at home for these offering, but there is also some temple which will hold up a something like function just for these ppl. you might want to consider these....

there's actually a lot of thing to photograph in the 7th lunar. esspecially in the old estate area(boon lay, jurong, etc.) and china town.

* as my mom is going to treat this month like F4 concert, i'll try to update you on the major occasion. if possible, and if you don't mind, let's shoot together. :dent:

I have a special relationship with this month :p

my chinese birthday is actually the 15th of the 7th month :p

Originally posted by rueyloon
I have a special relationship with this month :p

my chinese birthday is actually the 15th of the 7th month :p

NO wonder......uhmm...nevermind :D :devil: :rbounce:

count me in for any joint 7th month ghost shooting activities!

post the kind of shots...if you get that kind of shots eh ? hehe

hrmm......i thought it's not very good to shoot such stuff during the 7th month.
your flash might irritate the spirits.
and some camera-shy spirits may get offended/angry with you for shooting there and for distrubing the peace when they are trying to enjoy the getai.

but since you r a xtian, you'll prob think i'm talking rocks.

uh good luck. bring your cross with you. and don't wear all white. even the getai people avoid wearing white. those 'things' might think you are one of them if you are clad in white from head to toe.

and you better don't get so engrossed in shooting that you accidentally step on those black ashes. i had a very unpleasant experience when i did just that, tho not shooting but jogging.

sometimes, it's hard not to believe, you know.
:what:

Originally posted by wildhoney
.....you better don't get so engrossed in shooting that you accidentally step on those black ashes. i had a very unpleasant experience when i did just that, tho not shooting but jogging....

:what:

er.... can tell share your experience please?
:what: :what:

Status
Not open for further replies.