Chinatown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eraine

Sep 10, 2002
Eastie
Visit site
Hey there!

I'm new on board. Coincidentally, i'm doing a case study of Chinatown (archi project) and has been, will be going to Chinatown at the oddest hours. With my SLR of course.

Think that the hawkers on the second floor of KretaAyer Complex are quite friendly. Really depends on the time of the day that you go. I went when things were shutting down at 1030pm and got quite a different picture of Smith Street.

Will be there the whole day tomorrow again, camping out at Smith street. Grab me and say hi since I would probably be the only person mad enough to lug around my kit and tripod for the whole day.

Cyas.:bwhat:

Originally posted by Eraine
Hey there!

I'm new on board. Coincidentally, i'm doing a case study of Chinatown (archi project) and has been, will be going to Chinatown at the oddest hours. With my SLR of course.

Think that the hawkers on the second floor of KretaAyer Complex are quite friendly. Really depends on the time of the day that you go. I went when things were shutting down at 1030pm and got quite a different picture of Smith Street.

Will be there the whole day tomorrow again, camping out at Smith street. Grab me and say hi since I would probably be the only person mad enough to lug around my kit and tripod for the whole day.

Welcome!

You call that mad? You're not alone here...it's a madhouse here @ Clubsnap! ;)

Hey there!

Lol.. I stay in chinatown.. juz above the hawker centre... which is at smith street lah... why dun u tell me where u are camping and i might drop by an say hello.. ;)

Originally posted by zephyr

Lol.. I stay in chinatown.. juz above the hawker centre... which is at smith street lah... why dun u tell me where u are camping and i might drop by an say hello.. ;)
oh.. and remember to bring him a cup of kopi. ;)

Originally posted by Bluestrike

oh.. and remember to bring him a cup of kopi. ;)

there's a 24 hour prata shop round the corner.. i believe the kopi taste nicer than what i can brew... buy him a cup from there loh..

I still like the peanut soup. The xiaolongbao at the La Mian place ain't too bad either, but still can't beat the one near duxton place :p

Just put two rolls through today but mostly for documentary purposes. Going to be quite broke :( poor student mah.

I still like the peanut soup. The xiaolongbao at the La Mian place ain't too bad either, but still can't beat the one near duxton place :p

Just put two rolls through today but mostly for documentary purposes. Going to be quite broke :( poor student mah.
didnt see u there! :cool:

Was there whole morning, ran off in the afternoon, and then at night till 10pm. No car, cannot stay late there :( The other time I went there at 1030pm, there were 4 police cars and an ambulance - apparently fights break out now and then at the hawker centre.

Din need to bring tripod in the end, using 1600 film :)

Was there whole morning, ran off in the afternoon, and then at night till 10pm. No car, cannot stay late there :( The other time I went there at 1030pm, there were 4 police cars and an ambulance - apparently fights break out now and then at the hawker centre.

Din need to bring tripod in the end, using 1600 film :)

it's very common to see fights in chinatown.. I'm so to used to it. police also every now and then do spot check on passerbys...

juz becareful loh... esp if u are out there alone.. overall, chinatown is still very safe lah....

Hello,

Jus wondering if ya the same person whom I talk to yesterday. I was at Chinatown yesterday ...From Sp. Was shooting there...

Keep in touch!

Lifang: >

Status
Not open for further replies.