Chinatown tonight? (or Can't you feel the Love to0~naiyai)

Status
Not open for further replies.

denizenx

Feb 1, 2002
L2TPYSG
Visit site
WAH LAU eh... drenched and soaked and had to play Swordsman with my umbrella... but fun LOL!
shwing! and some ancient master broke my umbrella...
and the prices all con one.. still so ex... ken ascold until chaotao by my mum for buying an $8 pomelo... ;(

really the things are still expensive?
can't believe it man.
i thought with the rain, people dun wanna go already

Originally posted by zekai
really the things are still expensive?
can't believe it man.
i thought with the rain, people dun wanna go already
it's cheapER but not cheap lor... $8 for a plastic tin of eggrolls is like ugh...

pomelo, $2 for grandsons, $5 for normal (NTUC $3.80)

the crowd about 50-70% of normal but add all the umbrella assassins (short ppl with small umbs) and the umbrella ronin (big guns like mine)

hehe pentiumpc, you have a alternative notion of fun.. next time u can join me in having the spittoon on your head? :D:D:D

Originally posted by denizenx
...ken ascold until chaotao by my mum for buying an $8 pomelo... ;(
you got bargain or not? thought they always slash their prices on the 30th (chinese calendar) to clear stocks...

I guess depends what time. Think becoz of the rain, the shop keepers were holding out till quite late b4 slashing prices. There was still a thin crowd around early morning.

Was there around 3:30+ am, quite a no of stalls still open. bought a 5 layer bamboo shoot for $10, tried bargaining but cannot lower anymore. Peanut candy was at $0.50 each, pineapple tarts were at 3 for $5.

was there till around 4.00am+ shops were closing up. candy at $1.00 per 100g, traditional sweets at $0.50 per 100g, pineapple tarts at $1 / box lelong. huge photoframes at $20 for 4..

Originally posted by rochkoh
was there till around 4.00am+ shops were closing up. candy at $1.00 per 100g, traditional sweets at $0.50 per 100g, pineapple tarts at $1 / box lelong. huge photoframes at $20 for 4..

heh uncle, when I was there the sweets were already at 80cts for 100g and free 200g for 500g (ie 700g for $4)
yeah the BIG pomelos were originally $11.80 (yi yi fa)
but sigh couldn't find the stall with the BIG windmills... (the one near the end of one street)
I think I collected enough water for a 3 day hiking trip on my t-shirt... macam like playing some PS game of dodging water spouts in the tentage...

Originally posted by Larry
you got bargain or not? thought they always slash their prices on the 30th (chinese calendar) to clear stocks...

Heehee... Not 30th lah.... only 29th :D

29th then New Year already! The storekeepers will be at home celebrating New Year on '30th'

Status
Not open for further replies.