chinatown, pulau ubin, little india

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbluesky

Jul 20, 2004
Bukit Batok
www.jennifer-koh.com
Nice work! Great use of lighting and colours. Certainly mood evoking photos. Great eye for details. The Holga series are abstract and almost have an eerie quality to them. Love it. Your photos also have a tinge of humour and quirkiness which is lacking in a lot of photos I've seen here.

Great stuff. Love to see more.

Kman

veri nice.. those in ur website are even better..

yahoosg said:
veri nice.. those in ur website are even better..
this is not street photography at all....this is photo-journalism (PJ) or reportage.
Keep it up. Good shots in your site. Post more...cos viewing it is worth it.

*I did suggest to CS mods abt separating reportage and sports sections...cos i'm sure ppl will be confuse between street and PJ.*

Hosea said:
IMHO,think it is your written repotages that help to amplify your photographs.
hmmm....i have to agree with you for that cos i too believe that a good photo with a good header and body text will make a good reportage. what Bigbluesky did is typical of that style.

whereas street photography is about capturing everyday life/lifestyle at it's 'moments'.

IMHO,think it is your written repotages that help to amplify your photographs.
Oops , Khairi .. you are so fast, acc erase my comment. :embrass:

thank you for the kind feedback pple!! i'm glad u enjoyed the pics..

as for the division between styles of photography, i personally feel that boundaries are meant to be tested. and i guess it's the way i write sometimes that make the series appear to be about reportage. some photos are indeed 'candids'.. and perhaps in the mean lies the weird and wonderful?

:p

yes i have seen your set and agree with what you say. although these are candid shot taken on the street, you have given them a reportage feel because of the writing that accompanies them...no fixed rule where you should post your pictures so keep it up...

Status
Not open for further replies.