Chinatown Photo Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckiang

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.ckphoto.net
Hi,

If I did not hear wrongly, I just saw/heard from the Channel U news that along with all those festivities in Chinatown (e.g. lightup, performances, new shuttle bus services etc) there is a photo competition as well. They did not say where to get more info though, so it might be little tough. Those who know or manage to find out more, please post here for the benefit of the rest. Thanks!

Regards
CK

Here is some update on the photo competition. This was scan directly from today lian he zao pao.
chinatown-contest.jpg

The photo competition will start on 26 Jan, and end at 18 Feb.
Photos submitted to the competition will be published on the paper on 24 Feb for the "guess the winner" contest, which will end on 3 march, and result will be announce the next day.
Entry form can be obtain from lian he zao pao, or from telok ayer CC (am i correct?).

Here's the deal, as provided by Lance Lee in Offstone's forums:

Lianhe Zaobao, STB and Chinatown grassroots have joined forces to organise a photo contest.

It begins 26 Jan and ends 18 Feb. Readers can participate in predicting who might win the contest on 24 Feb. The entries will be published in ZaoBao that day for selection.

First Prize - S$1,000
2nd - S$500
3rd - S$300

Get a copy of Zaobao for more details (that's what they say :p )

:)

Originally posted by sbs99
Here's the deal, as provided by Lance Lee in Offstone's forums:

Lianhe Zaobao, STB and Chinatown grassroots have joined forces to organise a photo contest.

It begins 26 Jan and ends 18 Feb. Readers can participate in predicting who might win the contest on 24 Feb. The entries will be published in ZaoBao that day for selection.

First Prize - S$1,000
2nd - S$500
3rd - S$300

Get a copy of Zaobao for more details (that's what they say :p )

:)
which day ?? i mean it publish on zaobao when?

asked my colleague to get the application form liao.....will let u guys know when I find out more..

I was at Chinatown today, gone over to Kreta Ayer CC to get the applications forms.

The CC personal said that the applications forms have not been sent to them yet.

They claim they will probably get it on 26th this Saturday.

Ok guys, Lianhe Zaobao published the form today. Here it is :

contest270102b.jpg

Original form at : http://www.zaobao.com/special/singapore/photocontest.html

Contest info at : http://www.zaobao.com/special/singapore/pages1/contest.html

One of the paragraphs in today's article says:-

From now till 18 Feb, photography enthusiasts can take photographs at Chinatown and submit 8R prints for the competition. Negatives and slides are allowed. Digital photographs are not accepted.

Regards
CK

My chinese very bad, but from the prize list, is it that you get a certain cash prize, along with some other stuff?

Originally posted by YSLee
My chinese very bad, but from the prize list, is it that you get a certain cash prize, along with some other stuff?

Brush up on your chinese. China is the next big thing. :D

You get the cash prize plus the photographic equipment. So, if you win 1st prize, the camera, lens, tripod and monocular are all yours. Hmm... wonder if it can fit onto a Coolpix 9xx.... :D

Very good for film users like us. The digital-only folks... too bad. :p

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

Brush up on your chinese. China is the next big thing. :D

You get the cash prize plus the photographic equipment. So, if you win 1st prize, the camera, lens, tripod and monocular are all yours. Hmm... wonder if it can fit onto a Coolpix 9xx.... :D

Very good for film users like us. The digital-only folks... too bad. :p

Regards
CK

Screw China. :p

Eh, the monocular only 3x magnification leh. Might as well sell it at get the TC-E3!

From now till 18 Feb, photography enthusiasts can take photographs at Chinatown and submit 8R prints for the competition. Negatives and slides are allowed. Digital photographs are not accepted.

Regards
CK

Thank you so much.

Regards
CK
ok, if I taking slide, does it mean I have to develop a 8R print for the competition? Or do I submit the slide will be enough?

Tia.

Originally posted by ninelives
ok, if I taking slide, does it mean I have to develop a 8R print for the competition? Or do I submit the slide will be enough?

Tia.

The article says "Submit 8R print", so I suppose you will need to do a slide-to-print for the submission. They didn't mention whether you must submit the slide itself or not. Maybe only if you win, to verify that it's original.

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.