Status
Not open for further replies.

Eng Hoe

May 26, 2006
Taman Jurong
How does this pic fare? Please C & C.

Many thanks in advance.

cny.jpg

prolly make the sweet colours more vivid as there are a variety of colours.
and a minor mistake: you cropped that poor boys head. haha. SSS!
Happy Chinese New Year in Advance!

those white plastic bags really spoil the shot! nice colors.

Nope. Perhaps it's another Eng Hoe that you know.

prolly make the sweet colours more vivid as there are a variety of colours.
and a minor mistake: you cropped that poor boys head. haha. SSS!
Happy Chinese New Year in Advance!

Thanks for pointing out. Sometimes, it's difficult to avoid because ppl are not aware you are taking them and they just moved !! :embrass:

Hi,

IMO, I find that there's no subject and no composition. Background is also too cluttered and messy and looks like an ordinary snapshot to me.

I'd suggest that you leave the crowd out, leaving your composition only on the sweets or goodies. Include the hand written price "tag" to make it a little more interesting.

Cheers

Picture not sharp and looks like a quick snap pic. Taken with a P&S camera?

Hi,

IMO, I find that there's no subject and no composition. Background is also too cluttered and messy and looks like an ordinary snapshot to me.

I'd suggest that you leave the crowd out, leaving your composition only on the sweets or goodies. Include the hand written price "tag" to make it a little more interesting.

Cheers

I really wanted to show the crowd to give a more festive mood. I agreed that the picture is a bitter clutter with too many different colors. Is there a better way to compose? What would you suggest?

I really wanted to show the crowd to give a more festive mood. I agreed that the picture is a bitter clutter with too many different colors. Is there a better way to compose? What would you suggest?

Perhaps you can try using a smaller aperture (and a ND filter if possible) with a slow shutter. This way, you should be able to capture the movements of people (blur) and yet with only the goodies in focus (sharp). However, you might need a tripod for such actions though.

it's flat and snapshotish compositionally.
some post-processing to blur out the undesirable objects and turn up the contrast / colours will help improve it.

tighter crop, more saturation, and sharper focus, exposure/contrast on one subject - maybe the boy in the red cap ... shld have used a small f stop, f1.8 to f2. I think your f number maybe around 5.6/8 and also you were not deliberate in the selection of your focus point which are the reasons for the comment about it being "snapshotish".

tighter crop, more saturation, and sharper focus, exposure/contrast on one subject - maybe the boy in the red cap ... shld have used a small f stop, f1.8 to f2. I think your f number maybe around 5.6/8 and also you were not deliberate in the selection of your focus point which are the reasons for the comment about it being "snapshotish".

So I should use smaller f stop to make my focus point stand out from the rest, is that right? Ok, will try again next time.

Thanks for your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.