Chinatown Light up Ceremony...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkp77

Hi People...

On this coming 15th Jan 05, there will be a Light Up Ceremony in Chinatown.
At the same time there will be firecracker display...

Anyone interested to go there as a group to take photos?
I am going down, but looking for panasonic buddies to go along....

Cheers.

Thanks for the information dude. :thumbsup:

tkp77 said:
Hi People...

On this coming 15th Jan 05, there will be a Light Up Ceremony in Chinatown.
At the same time there will be firecracker display...

Anyone interested to go there as a group to take photos?
I am going down, but looking for panasonic buddies to go along....

Cheers.

Will confirm with you next week.

New year come back to work and am now being swamped with tones of work to do....like kenna work tsunami like that.... :(

That will be an great idea though.

I work at Chinatown so I can see it almost everyday. :bsmilie:

To add on: Due to the tsunami case, there will be no fireworks this year. Only Firecrackers.

I note that among all the places, Peopls's Park CarPark is the best ideal spot. Rather then you had to squeeze among each other at the roadside and you might not get good photo if you wan to use the tripod.

Need to be there damn early as alot of ppl cfm will be there. Too bad, when I open my office window, it another shophouses infront of me not the bridge, if not, I welcome you all come to my office to take pic. :sweatsm:

cheers cheers

josho said:
That will be an great idea though.

I work at Chinatown so I can see it almost everyday. :bsmilie:

To add on: Due to the tsunami case, there will be no fireworks this year. Only Firecrackers.

I note that among all the places, Peopls's Park CarPark is the best ideal spot. Rather then you had to squeeze among each other at the roadside and you might not get good photo if you wan to use the tripod.

Need to be there damn early as alot of ppl cfm will be there. Too bad, when I open my office window, it another shophouses infront of me not the bridge, if not, I welcome you all come to my office to take pic. :sweatsm:

cheers cheers

Yo Josh,

Since you are working there, can you help to go there earlier to "chope" place at the People's Park Car Park for the Lumixers here or not? ;p

Brother, i dun work on Saturday leh! Hehehe But i will go in the early noon to CHOP the place for all CLUBSNAPPERs. :bsmilie: My coll might be coming with me as well to take the pic. :sweatsm:

Let's see who wan to join the photo taking! :thumbsup:

Free and easy joining in. Hehehe

Standing the road, facing the bridge and behind is chinatown point. its on the left. the green building. That's the carpark. Tmr I will roaming ard. i can find out what floor is it and take a pic and testing whether it is clear from the view at top to the bridge where the firework be taking place :bsmilie:

Come come.. I shall share with you all of where is the best spot!

1.jpg

This pic taken is from the carpark. 3rd floor. Mind that the area had cars moving up to the bar (Which the driver need to get the tickets) Dangerous.
But I stand at the corner to take it as its safer and more space. Having tripod wun be any problem.

3.jpg

Taken at the overhead bridge(left)
7.jpg

This on the right.
Though I can view it straight ahead but IMHO, I can capture much on the length like first pic. And alot of ppl will be walking up and down. Having the tripod might cause danger to others as well.

5.jpg

The corner was the best area. Behind the banner, there are alot of space which can squeeze in at least 6 ppl with tripod facing at the brigde.

How you all think? Hehe :sweat:

Somehow, I the colour damn red. I dunno is it my prob or wat, I just find it very red... Maybe the deco there. Hehehe
Just aint sure how to take a nice pic from the top.
Cheers

i agree that this is the best place... i always see photographers up there taking photos...

but how to go up to there ???

i am new here... can i join u guys ?? using fz-20 ...

hope to learn more to taking pic at nite...

try taking nite pic but not nice...

:)

we need to be there damn early! hehehe incase someone CHOP the place. hehehe

U have to take escalator to 3rd floor of the building, find the way to carpark. u can spot the place easily. :D

josho said:
Come come.. I shall share with you all of where is the best spot!

1.jpg

This pic taken is from the carpark. 3rd floor. Mind that the area had cars moving up to the bar (Which the driver need to get the tickets) Dangerous.
But I stand at the corner to take it as its safer and more space. Having tripod wun be any problem.

3.jpg

Taken at the overhead bridge(left)
7.jpg

This on the right.
Though I can view it straight ahead but IMHO, I can capture much on the length like first pic. And alot of ppl will be walking up and down. Having the tripod might cause danger to others as well.

5.jpg

The corner was the best area. Behind the banner, there are alot of space which can squeeze in at least 6 ppl with tripod facing at the brigde.

How you all think? Hehe :sweat:

Somehow, I the colour damn red. I dunno is it my prob or wat, I just find it very red... Maybe the deco there. Hehehe
Just aint sure how to take a nice pic from the top.
Cheers

Josh,

Can't seem to see your photos leh...

josho said:
Alamak, u also cannot see ???

Did u try clear ur cache? I had no problem wor...

Try: http://josho.multiply.com/photos/album/12

Should be able to view ba... i think u need to clear ur cache first. :)

Sorry sorry :sweat:

Ohhh....can see liaoz...thankz a lot!

Looks like it is going to be rather messy if we take those photos at the various locations that you were at...

Anyway, will go there this weekend, and move ard should the location is not really that good.

By the way, what time will you be there har?

Is there any free parking around that area? ;p

JimDavis said:
Ohhh....can see liaoz...thankz a lot!

Looks like it is going to be rather messy if we take those photos at the various locations that you were at...

Anyway, will go there this weekend, and move ard should the location is not really that good.

By the way, what time will you be there har?

Is there any free parking around that area? ;p

the only bet spot I can view at is the first pic because its much clearer then the bridge whereas the decor will block the view.

Other then that unless you wan to try Chinatown Point over head bridge but its really too far to capture the firecrackers.
And also, I did a check on the area.. nowhere else is better then the location I found. Unless you wan to capture and squeeze with the ppl there on the road side. Which you be able to see clearly but from the point of capturing pic will be hard.

This is my point of view and survey. hehe

Carpark I dun think theres any free carpark wor... Timing. I aint sure. Wanna be kaisu typical Singaporean to be there ard 12-2pm then wait until evening. LOL.

hey... how abt the initial ppl who were going to p. ubin but cancelled.... ha haha... guess this would at last be the time to meet up...

littledigitalartist said:
hey... how abt the initial ppl who were going to p. ubin but cancelled.... ha haha... guess this would at last be the time to meet up...

Good idea!

I actually had your suggestion in mind, just want to confirm the actual venue for all our tripods, then I will send out as mail to the group...you should expect to receive my mail within these 2 days. :)

JimDavis said:
Good idea!

I actually had your suggestion in mind, just want to confirm the actual venue for all our tripods, then I will send out as mail to the group...you should expect to receive my mail within these 2 days. :)

Steady bom pi pi. :sweatsm:

josho said:
Steady bom pi pi. :sweatsm:

Email just sent out to the previous PU group. Those who are in the distribution list should receive the email by now.

Man oh man, technology can really do wonders huh? :bigeyes: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.