China website to show your family tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astin

Mar 2, 2002
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
There is a new website launched by Shanghai Library, which can trace back most Chinese family names, history, family trees etc, very interesting if u really want to know where u came from. However u must be able to enter your name in Chinese character.
http://search.library.sh.cn/jiapu/

本次检索未命中记录.

U got to select this "X=全部索引" then u have more chance to hit the answers...

How come u guys cannot find yours? Here is mine, it states my great great great great ....... grand father was from the Song Dynasty.
Tree.jpg

no records. but impossible for them to have right? we did not fill up some forms for them, and our infomation are supposed to be kept confidential by the Singapore government(serious offense if they leak out info).

no records. but impossible for them to have right? we did not fill up some forms for them, and our infomation are supposed to be kept confidential by the Singapore government(serious offense if they leak out info).
All Chinese are originated from China, its just that which generation u belong to. If u know the name of your grand father, yr great-grand father or further up, u can do a search. There should be a record before he left China.

How to input Chinese characters?

Hope these steps works for u :

1.Open the Control Panel window.
2.Once Control Panel window is open, choose Regional and Language Options.
3.Choose the Languages tab.
4.Click on the Details button.
A new window named: Text Services and Input Languages will appear.
5.Click on Add button on the right.
6.At the top left hand corner, you will see a pull-down menu named: Input Languages.
7.Choose Chinese (PRC).
You will see Chinese (Simplified) - Microsoft Pinyin IME 3.0 appear on the first pull-down menu.
7.Click on OK.
8.Then OK again to close the window.
9.When you wish to use this input method, you need to find your language bar.
10.At the language bar, click on the EN button. You will now be able to choose between English and Chinese.
11.Choose Chinese. Now you can type in pinyin and convert it into Chinese.

:vhappy:

Didn't have anything on my surname too. Didn't have any high hopes in the beginning since my surname is so rare. But I did a search for the origins of my surname, and most books says
it's a national name conferred upon officials who did merit for the country.

Didn't have anything on my surname too. Didn't have any high hopes in the beginning since my surname is so rare. But I did a search for the origins of my surname, and most books says
it's a national name conferred upon officials who did merit for the country.
Whats yr surname? I check for u...

The logo seems to look like a rip off from our National Arts Council logo.
mastheadNAC.gif

All Chinese are originated from China, its just that which generation u belong to. If u know the name of your grand father, yr great-grand father or further up, u can do a search. There should be a record before he left China.
qing ming coming.. good time to see those names clearer.

There are 9 matches for 齐, I think they are from different regions, if u know the names of any of your 先祖, then u can narrow down the searches.

1 齐川管氏宗谱: [广丰] / 江西,广丰 清, 木活字本
2 湘潭齐氏六修族谱: 三十三卷,首四卷 / 湖南,湘潭 民国26年(1937), 木活字本
3 齐氏五修族谱: [湘潭] / 湖南,湘潭 清光绪25年(1899), 木活字本
4 沩宁齐氏三修族谱: 五卷:[宁乡] / 湖南,宁乡 / 秀荣堂 民国18年(1929), 木活字本
5 龙岩上坪谢氏齐玉公世谱: 不分卷 / 福建,龙岩 民国17年(1928), 钞本
6 绍兴霞齐徐氏宗谱: 四卷,首一卷 / 浙江,绍兴 民国8年(1919), 木活字本
7 大和塘李思齐公支谱: [邵阳] / 湖南,邵阳 民国, 木活字本
8 腾衡青齐李氏宗谱: 六卷 / 云南,腾衡 民国19年(1930), 刻本
10 绍兴霞齐徐氏宗谱: 四卷,首一卷 / 浙江,绍兴

Status
Not open for further replies.