China Trip photos back in oct04

Status
Not open for further replies.

lim8395

Apr 6, 2004
Hougang Ave 8
www.wix.com
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lc1fz1/my_photos

follow the above link to a photo collection of what i took during my china trip in yunnan, and a bit of shanghai and beijing. It's basically something that i just wanted my friends to see but since it's posted up, why nt share. Virtually every single shot i took was uploaded so maybe a bit too much, some being nonsense. The whole collection is catalogue based on where we went 1st, more like what we did and saw.

Do give some comments on which photos u love or hate ;)

Hope u guys do enjoy it

lim8395 said:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lc1fz1/my_photos

follow the above link to a photo collection of what i took during my china trip in yunnan, and a bit of shanghai and beijing. It's basically something that i just wanted my friends to see but since it's posted up, why nt share. Virtually every single shot i took was uploaded so maybe a bit too much, some being nonsense. The whole collection is catalogue based on where we went 1st, more like what we did and saw.

Do give some comments on which photos u love or hate ;)

Hope u guys do enjoy it

Very nice. :)

But hor...do you know that you are not supposed to take photos inside the temple at Shangri-la?

nice pics.....hmmmm in pic P1000693 what are they doing? digging the ears for other ppl?:bsmilie:

JimDavis said:
Very nice. :)

But hor...do you know that you are not supposed to take photos inside the temple at Shangri-la?

haha, nobody said i can't take it quietly and unobtrusively. Dun take will regret seeing what's inside the temple. But there are some areas in the temple which are a real NO NO to photography. There 's supoose to be this dark room with some firewood, only illuminated by it;s fire and a very defined streak of light coming from a small aslit at the roof. I did notice in ure album u went to yunnan too, did u manage to visit that room?

Kavana said:
nice pics.....hmmmm in pic P1000693 what are they doing? digging the ears for other ppl?:bsmilie:

thanks for viewing.

that pic p1000693, yap, digging ears for people on the streets, it's a profession. Wana try it one day in yunnan? :bsmilie:
wanted to go close up, but the customer looks pretty fierce.

It's their means of survival. Lots of them there in kunming, capital city of yunnan. another photo shows women sewing on the streets. there's even people bringing their weighing machines on the streets, charging them for their weight measured ( one of those things which i missed taking a photo ).

lim8395 said:
haha, nobody said i can't take it quietly and unobtrusively. Dun take will regret seeing what's inside the temple. But there are some areas in the temple which are a real NO NO to photography. There 's supoose to be this dark room with some firewood, only illuminated by it;s fire and a very defined streak of light coming from a small aslit at the roof. I did notice in ure album u went to yunnan too, did u manage to visit that room?

Yes, I went into those rooms. Was told that only men can go in, and certainly, if you take photo in that room, you will have a lot of problem coming out, since this is a respect issue....

I am thinking of going to Tibet this year, but no kaki...not sure if you are interested to join?

Status
Not open for further replies.