China Town - the stalls


Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Dawn

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,464
1
38
Singapore
www.5stonesphoto.com
Hi

didn't capture as many stalls as i would like - maybe another trip down is in order. Nevertheless.....enjoy!

Wat's with that piece of meat?


All that must weigh a ton!


Hanging up the meat for display - despite the holidays, there are still pple actually working!
 

Red Dawn

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,464
1
38
Singapore
www.5stonesphoto.com
Hi

this family run stall is staffed by Dad, Mom and daughter, selling "jui kuey". (wat's that in English?)





This guy didn't protest when i took his pictures, so i took a few of him working. Since he's selling quite a bit, i don't think he really minds the extra attention!





Show me the money!
i thought this shot works better in color......wat do u think?
 

Red Dawn

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,464
1
38
Singapore
www.5stonesphoto.com
Hi

Mother and son stall selling a variety of Hong Kong and taiwan style delicacies......



i took quite a few, but this was the only one showing their wares, customers and the 2 of them at work....
 

hackie

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
819
0
0
Visit site
Originally posted by Red Dawn
Hi

this family run stall is staffed by Dad, Mom and daughter, selling "jui kuey". (wat's that in English?)




those r not jui kueh..... it's kueh tu tu.. a kind of malay kuey.. flour with coconut, peanut and even durian filling!!!!! *slurps*;p
 

Red Dawn

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,464
1
38
Singapore
www.5stonesphoto.com
Originally posted by hackie


those r not jui kueh..... it's kueh tu tu.. a kind of malay kuey.. flour with coconut, peanut and even durian filling!!!!! *slurps*;p
alamak! really?? pai seh...looks like jui kuey to me! ;p
 

hackie

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
819
0
0
Visit site
Originally posted by Red Dawn


alamak! really?? pai seh...looks like jui kuey to me! ;p
hmm.. onli the shape looks like.. but jui kueh has the cai poh on top with chilli..
watever they are, they r yummy~~~~ hahaa.....
 

Simon

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
667,089
2
38
30
ClubSNAP
simon.clubsnap.org
cannot blame him lah, taken with the sigma 20mm lens, how to tell the diffrence ;p
 

rty

Moderator
Staff member
Jan 19, 2002
1,175
0
36
Singapore
Originally posted by Simon
cannot blame him lah, taken with the sigma 20mm lens, how to tell the diffrence ;p
Reddawn,

Simon is right, you know? If you want to get rid of that 20mm Sigma lens, I probably will be willing to "adopt" it if the price is right. ;)
 

Status
Not open for further replies.