China Town - the crowds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Dawn

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore
www.5stonesphoto.com
Hi

my chinatown pics are from an earlier trip there in late Jan, i think sometime after food street was opened. Wanted to capture the crowds, but apparently, on the day i went, it was a weekday, and not considered as crowded as on weekends.....but oh well, nebermind ;P

As early as 6 something, pple started streaming into the streets of Chinatown, particularly food street, for dinner....
CRW_3058L.jpg

pple.........
CRW_3072L.jpg

pple...........
CRW_3077L.jpg

and more pple!!!!!!!
CRW_3079L.jpg

Hi

along food street, there are 2 different modes of dinner - one open air style, by the road side, eating hawker centre like food, and the other, in posh restaurants just beside the street. Which would you choose?

CRW_3082L.jpg

Hi Reddawn, nice shots. Is it a 20mm F1.8 lens? Handheld or tripod?

HI

The crowds just kept coming..........
CRW_3108L.jpg

....and coming......
CRW_3110L.jpg

and many were left waiting for seats for some time
CRW_3111L_bw.jpg

some stalls are more crowded than others, however...
CRW_3123L.jpg

Nice pics... u have captured the mood of the place very well!!

Originally posted by rty
Hi Reddawn, nice shots. Is it a 20mm F1.8 lens? Handheld or tripod?

Hi

those with motion trails are all on tripod, ISO 100 long exposure. As for lens, i use both the Sigma 20mm f1.8 and the Canon 35mm f2 - the shots you see here are from both.......

any flash used in the last pic??

Originally posted by Goose
any flash used in the last pic??

nope....it was pretty bright around that area.....
i didn't use flash at all for this whole series....

this shot was taken by holding my camera high above my head - well i did prefocus, made sure exposure will be correct, and aim through viewfinder before raising the camera up slowly....to get a better vantage point for capturing more pple.....

Originally posted by Red Dawn

nope....it was pretty bright around that area.....
i didn't use flash at all for this whole series....

this shot was taken by holding my camera high above my head - well i did prefocus, made sure exposure will be correct, and aim through viewfinder before raising the camera up slowly....to get a better vantage point for capturing more pple.....

Oic... I'm not sure if my G2 can put off such a shot without flash. I think the highest ISO the G2 can go is 400, but there will be lotsa noise present in the pic.

Originally posted by Goose

Oic... I'm not sure if my G2 can put off such a shot without flash. I think the highest ISO the G2 can go is 400, but there will be lotsa noise present in the pic.

a great noise combater is to convert it to a black and white photo :) A G2 with ISO 400 should be able to do just as well there - in fact, mabe even better with the swivel LCD - you can take pics without being so obvious! :)

Nice photos!!!

Were you one of the photographers stationed on the 2nd storey of the food centre on New Year's Eve? I saw quite a number of guys shooting from there....

Originally posted by mpenza
Nice photos!!!

Were you one of the photographers stationed on the 2nd storey of the food centre on New Year's Eve? I saw quite a number of guys shooting from there....

I think that's a fav spot cos can take from high spot. Saw quite a number myself too when I was taking pics there 2 weeks back :)

Originally posted by mpenza
Nice photos!!!

nope wasn't there on new yr's eve....was there in late jan.....

Status
Not open for further replies.