China students lash out

Status
Not open for further replies.
sigh... i read the original posting on the forum.

my best advice is to let it rest.. drink coffee, eat yakun toast and let the world float on by.

<non-constructive comments snipped> :X

Hmm. :think:
No offence, but are you trying to bring the discussion over to ClubSNAP? :confused:

This can potentially be a flame throwing/condeming session. I'm no moderator, but I sincerely urge posters to this topic (if any) to exercise restrain and prudence before writing. The last thing we want to have here are strained relationships. :)

Have a good day.

Who cares?

Well said. Why bother about some whining and bitching over the internet by some polytechnic boys and girls.

Ah Pao said:
Hmm. :think:
No offence, but are you trying to bring the discussion over to ClubSNAP? :confused:

This can potentially be a flame throwing/condeming session. I'm no moderator, but I sincerely urge posters to this topic (if any) to exercise restrain and prudence before writing. The last thing we want to have here are strained relationships. :)

Have a good day.
I did not intend to start any war here, but happend to come across this article and would like to share it here, if the moderator really find it no appropriate, then please kindly remove it.

Oh wow... I'm surprised I still can post here...
Well, we are entitled to own views. All I can say is if you can come so far to get pissed off by 'stupid people', I don't know who's the stupid one. ^^

I heard Glenn Ong of Class 95 said something like its as though the new paper is just trying to find sensational topics to write about.

If its not beckham now, its gonna be the passion for your own nation.

There are forever good and bad hats all over the world.

Beatles : Let it be........

Well there are definately good and bad seeds

But there seem to be more bad ones

The chinese students staying above me in Singapore are completely obnoxious

Living in a condo, you could at least show the security guards some respect.

But no, when they went swimming in long shorts and played ball in the water (both not allowed), they were asked to stop. They didn't, cursed and swore at the guards.

My brother told me even more stories about their exploits. Haha.

These guys are hypocrites if they dare to lash out like that.

I think it's just the Chinese in Singapore. Because the chinese here in Atlanta are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet

Ice said:
I did not intend to start any war here, but happend to come across this article and would like to share it here, if the moderator really find it no appropriate, then please kindly remove it.

Thanks for clarifying your intentions. :) Really appreciate it.
I've seen my fair share of such things turning ugly...everyone comes out battered and beaten, walking away sore. Hope to do my little bit to prevent that.

We don't want this thread to degenerate into a bashing session as it did in the online forum mentioned in the article, right? ;)

Actually, the line that says " ...most Singaporeans feel that it is an isolated case... blah blah blah..." disturbs me more.
I mean this line appear so many times in our news that it's becoming cliche. I sort of feel that this line reflects the apathy that we have towards current affairs. It seems that we are always looking to taking an easy stand and dismissing something as less significant. What if it's NOT an isolated case? Do we ever give something like that any thoughts at all?

Sometimes it takes 2 hands to clap. Singaporeans are not all without fault for causing that teenager to be like that. It seems like his anger and pride are quite deeply rooted and something must have caused this.

I had very good relationships with my china course mates during my varsity days. If you respect them and try to understand them, they will do likewise.

A few maid-abusers in singapore doesnt make singapore a nation of maid abusers. Whether isolated or not, we should let this matter rest and let not the media nor this forum blow this issue out of proportion.

I am glad that this forum has yet to degenerate into some severe bashing. I went over to another forum(ah boy's ) and its really getting pretty heated there.

But sometimes, instead of dismissing comments from foreigners about our students or people nowadays, perhaps its also good to see where they got their grounds from.

Just as you need 2 hands to clap, one wonders whether there is indeed some truth in it...

I came to notice Chinese men from China are actually very smart. This is due to my new jobs, i have to work with a number of chinese men from china. They are really very intelligent no bullsh**" . one of them from pri 3 jump to pri 6. then skip JC, get his PHD at age of 24.

Smart or not? You tell me.

ninelives said:
I came to notice Chinese men from China are actually very smart. This is due to my new jobs, i have to work with a number of chinese men from china. They are really very intelligent no bullsh**" . one of them from pri 3 jump to pri 6. then skip JC, get his PHD at age of 24.

Smart or not? You tell me.

Yes, some of them are smart, but the most important thing is, they must be team player. No matter how smart you are, if you are not a team player, you will be outcasted. :devil:

Anyway, there are always some bad eggs. I do encounter the bad and good ones. It is their culture and environment that crave them out to be this way. We singaporean must also reflect upon ourselves, did we do anything wrong that provoked them??? Or is it the breakdown in communication and differences in culture that result in this kind of situation. It takes two hand to clap.

But sometimes, being a team player in a team which don't move, i'd prefer to be outcasted..

I guess when foreign students are here, they are taken as the ambassodars of their country.. I think if some ah tiang on government scholar ship made some comment on his classmate, you think it'd be reported? (actually quite hard to say.. even tree kenna striked by lighting also reported..)

Well, i think what we can do from this article is to actually do a self-reflect. When i read that article, instead of feeling angry, or vexed or what negative feelings, i actually thought it was a good reality check for us. In my case, i've got "free-loaders" in my project team.. I've got lazy bums in my project team..

just my night cents :D

Status
Not open for further replies.