China - Inner Mongolia -

Status
Not open for further replies.

yamcake

Aug 11, 2003
hey.. anyone been there before?

Hows the view during may till Jul. Thats my uni vocation period, so just looking if its a nice place to visit to go there during this period.

My main objective is the town 室韦,the very nice Sino Russian town, to look at the Chinese Russian people and beautiful architecture.. And also the nice landscape, big grass lands etc.

anyone has any information just put it here?
Thanks

-呼伦贝尔大草原 from 海拉尔 about 1hr drive. Stay for 2 night wait for good sunrise and sunset... eat eat eat. ;)
-stay in 蒙古包
-next day, 骑马、骑骆驼,观看摔跤、赛马、乌兰牧骑的演出,吃草原风味“全羊宴”,加上晚上的篝火晚会.

from 莫尔道嘎 to 室韦的班车,15:00发车,车程约2个小时,票价30元

It is in my next year plan to these destination.
But be careful of some cheater there. :(
HTH

i got an ex colleague, shes from mongolia. she showed me some photos and i am bowled over lolz will go there someday too! :)

actually you should go to the outer mongolia for the scenaries.

inner mongolia is more city.

some interesting facts...

inner mongolia is under China's jurisdiction while outer mongolia got their own government and independent of China's jurisdiction ;)

all this are told by my mongolian ex colleague.

Some photos from her facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/#/album.php?aid=58976&id=504553014

Last edited:
i am parking myself in this thread as Mongolia is on my list of 'must visit' places

how does one get to outer mongolia?

I understand that there are regular flights and train schedules to Inner Mongolia

i am parking myself in this thread as Mongolia is on my list of 'must visit' places

how does one get to outer mongolia?

I understand that there are regular flights and train schedules to Inner Mongolia

i can help ask my ex colleague haha. i think she will knows best. :D

I have met a few folks from Outer Mongolia over time in the past.......... its strange...... they do not speak much Chinese at all........ in fact their English was quite good

Status
Not open for further replies.