China food manufacturers - profit at all cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiasi

Deregistered
Jul 24, 2008
What is your opinion? In light of the Melamine in milk case.....:cry:

This thread is like soo going to closed soon ...

What is your opinion? In light of the Melamine in milk case.....:cry:
If you had read the news properly, Sanlu is actually also a victim of those who sold them the milk......it is those milk distributors that diluted the milk and added Melamine, to scam Sanlu and other companies........

Apart from the people that suffered and the people who died, the farmers are also victims now, no one wants to buy milk anymore

HS

If you had read the news properly, Sanlu is actually also a victim of those who sold them the milk......it is those milk distributors that diluted the milk and added Melamine, to scam Sanlu and other companies........

Apart from the people that suffered and the people who died, the farmers are also victims now, no one wants to buy milk anymore

HS

but their IQC, it baby product, how can they be so lax.

It's not the first time someone in China added melamine to food to boost the apparent protein. The last time, it was pet food and that killed at least hundreds of animals.

The only thing that really bothers me is that the government seems to have known about the baby formula (milk also, you say?) prior to the Olympics and chose not to protect people.

Globalisation has a cost. That is happening now and has always been happening..

$ is the main reason.

Panda Milk is safe or not?

Canned-Condensed-Milk.jpg

i wonder how many tons of food went to waste this time. :think:

such catastrophy is 1 reason behind price increase of food. :(

Nah I dont think Chinese food manufacturers should take the flak. After all there are many other cases globally of similar such incidents. UK, US and Japan. Using tainted produce or adding things that should not be added into the process.

I believe part of the cause is not only greed to make more money, but also because we as a consumer or the middlemen in the business do not want to pay too much for the products........so these suppliers have to cut costs.

We as consumers I think are partly also to blame for wanting all at the lowest prices. These producers are then too pressed to cut costs or else they won't get the contract to produce it.....

Alot of these problems can be solved if we just pay a little more to get a fairer payment to the producers and their suppliers

HS

i think this has damaged the trust between china produced dairy products and their own people. foreign product will make full use of this window to come in strong.

so short sighted, their management. now flood gate is opened.

We as consumers I think are partly also to blame for wanting all at the lowest prices. These producers are then too pressed to cut costs or else they won't get the contract to produce it.....

Alot of these problems can be solved if we just pay a little more to get a fairer payment to the producers and their suppliers

HS

eh, how can we be certain paying more equates to a fairer payment. with economy not doing well, a fair fraction of population will be looking for cheaper products.

or the other way do wad our public transport operators do, every time increase fairs regardless. :eek: where did the 10% service charge at restaurants go to? :think:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.