Chilling out on posh stairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjtune

Mar 20, 2006
P1010273_cropped_enhanced_smaller.jpg

hmm nt sure what u're trying to achieve here... abstract?

im sry but it just doesnt wrk for me.. cropping off a person's legs like tat seems rather weird too...

just my noob comments.. maybe the pros who knw hw to appreiciate will beg to differ...

cheers.

picture is OOF and why part of the shoe there? even cropping off the shoe it doesn't work as well.

Well, initially, the straight uniform horizontal pattern of the stairs caught my eye, but I thought "hey, let's throw in the shoes of someone sitting on the stairs just to disrupt the pattern for fun!".

The picture appears out of focus because it is a very small crop and was taken at hand-held speeds at low light at high ISO.

conceptually, i think it is fine. but the execution can be improved.

the whole photo should be sharp throughout to emphasize the uniformity being broken. it will help if the steps are of same height and without perspectival distortions. i can imagine it will be good with a pair of ballet shoes instead - compositionally. but of course that is such a tired subject.

title also a bit salah. just because it is carpetted and it is posh? what is a posh staircase anyway? grand staircase probably. and chillin? dont think so. "chilling out on posh stairs" sounds amateurish.

conceptually, i think it is fine. but the execution can be improved.

the whole photo should be sharp throughout to emphasize the uniformity being broken. it will help if the steps are of same height and without perspectival distortions. i can imagine it will be good with a pair of ballet shoes instead - compositionally. but of course that is such a tired subject.

title also a bit salah. just because it is carpetted and it is posh? what is a posh staircase anyway? grand staircase probably. and chillin? dont think so. "chilling out on posh stairs" sounds amateurish.

Thanks for the opinions, babykailan.

As for the title, I thought 'chilling out' would be appropriate as the pair of sneakers give a ghetto-ish interjection to the red-carpeted staircase. Normally, red-carpets are usually rolled out for the high-society and so I associated it with 'posh'-ness. Well, I guess the meaning isn't/can't be universal to everybody....

The picture above was cropped from a larger one below:

p1010273smallerbd3.jpg

I have a habit of 'recycling' or 'recomposing' photos that were taken candidly without any initial compositional intention in mind....

Status
Not open for further replies.