chillin' in new york

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryk

Mar 8, 2004
among all the hustle of the new york afternoon crowd, i caught sight of a street vendor just sitting and waiting for customers.. i wanted to get the shot with a bunch of people walking by to create context but that proved pretty hard (plus i didn't have much time to compose, was rushing for an appointment with my family) so i settled on this shot with his legs just peeking out of the display.

appreciate your comments on the subject and composition..does it work, or does it just plain suck? no sugar coating needed just tell it as it is.. thanks :)

legsNY.jpg

Hi there! :)

nice capture..but you could focus more on the fella's legs by doing a tighter crop? Since the stuff in the periphery don't really add much to the subject :think:

and for the colours, they kinda look dull..all midtones :( You can try playing with curves to separate the midtones? :think:

you might wanna go a little closer to the person?

i wouldn't suggest cropping your existing shot because it isn't very sharp.

Sorry, I'll make this short.
It didn't work.

realli sorry but i dun see much point in this photo...
the legs are a good concept but other than that there is nothing much interesting about this photo... sorry dude...

Yea agreed you should take the shot closer.. otherwise this pair of legs looks like belongs to a corpse? Don't let your shot make people wander in thoughts, go straight to the point and let people wonder about your shots..

It should have been a tighter crop, but since ur existing shot is not really sharp, then i suggest u dont crop it further. plus ur colours are dull...

The picture is let down by the (lack of) colours and contrast. Composition could have been better :)

When the picture first loaded on my screen, it did look like a good concept at one glance. I thought that the curious legs peeking out looked like those 1950s calender girls who pose with their legs crossed in a lounging position. If composed better, the picture could have been framed tighter with just the calenders and a contrasting pair of man's legs sticking out. :D

yea. agree with most of them. you should have taken the picture closer. theres just a bit too much distractions in the photo.

maybe the composition would be better if theres only the leg and the news stand? or just without the buildings and vehicles behind. it might even be better if you can capture a bunch of people walking pass the news stand. that would make it look "busier".

contrast and saturation could be played with also. to enhance the color to draw attention.

my 2 cents :)

among all the hustle of the new york afternoon crowd, i caught sight of a street vendor just sitting and waiting for customers.. i wanted to get the shot with a bunch of people walking by to create context but that proved pretty hard (plus i didn't have much time to compose, was rushing for an appointment with my family) so i settled on this shot with his legs just peeking out of the display.

go closer

here the guy is obviously unaware, you can probably shoot point blank unless you make a lot of noise. just the poster things and his legs, should be great, the angle is not bad here

Status
Not open for further replies.