Child's Joy

laser434

Aug 31, 2010
5226044377_f6f2bbfbff_z.jpg

1. In which area is critique or feedback to be given?
Photography Skills. I've taken this photograph with the following settings; f/3.5, 1/8 and ISO 200

2. What were you hoping to achieve with this image?
I want to show the innocence of a infant's joy.

3. Under what circumstance was the picture taken?
This was a photo taken during a travel with my family. A few of the younger ones with together having fun at a corner which leads me to capturing the joy displayed by the little ones

4. Thread-starter's personal thoughts about the image.
This picture reminds me of no matter whatever bad is in this world, there's still something worthy of us laughing for.

Last edited:
Lovely child you have. IMO, the photo can look better with slight more space to the right and bottom (think you cropped it too much). I guess you kept the man at top left corner in the photo to show the child laughter has caught the next table attention?
For me, perhaps you can consider shooting at another perspective and frame in portrait format.

The dude in the background is kinda distracting for me.

imo, should not crop out the "full face". details like chin are cropped half way. like not here not there. den th guy at the background also abit distracting eh. almost there la. jiayou! ;)

There's joy of course, but the photo itself is unappealing. I am sure you can get a better shot any day of the week.

The child is adorable, however this appears too snapshot-ish, taken without much thought and consideration of the surroundings. Firstly, as mentioned the guy at the distance is distracting. You should have chosen a better angle to capture from. The shot also feels too tight in its framing. The chin is cut off.

Lastly, you either took the photograph from such a close distance to the boy or you zoomed a little too much. This distorts the image and gives an odd proportions of the boy. His hands /arms appear unnaturally small. This shot would have probably worked better if more room and space are given, perhaps up till half body of the subject

Cheers.

i agree that the man is distracting and the crop is bad, the face should have been full.
also, is there a reason why the child is happy? perhaps that could been included in the photo.

cute kid though.

cheers!

huh. i thought child yawning/singing/open mouth for fun

Cute boy, bad framing.

There's joy of course, but the photo itself is unappealing. I am sure you can get a better shot any day of the week.

Point noted!

The child is adorable, however this appears too snapshot-ish, taken without much thought and consideration of the surroundings. Firstly, as mentioned the guy at the distance is distracting. You should have chosen a better angle to capture from. The shot also feels too tight in its framing. The chin is cut off.

Thanks for you comment! After reading all the bro's critics here I do found out I would have to work harder on my composition! Any tips you guys can offer me :)

Lastly, you either took the photograph from such a close distance to the boy or you zoomed a little too much. This distorts the image and gives an odd proportions of the boy. His hands /arms appear unnaturally small. This shot would have probably worked better if more room and space are given, perhaps up till half body of the subject

Cheers.

Composition problem of mine again. Noted! Thanks for your comments!

i agree that the man is distracting and the crop is bad, the face should have been full.
also, is there a reason why the child is happy? perhaps that could been included in the photo.

cute kid though.

cheers!

Thanks bro, thats my nephew here. Point noted, I'll bear this in mind next time!

huh. i thought child yawning/singing/open mouth for fun

Hahah, point taken, need shots that could clearly shows emotions next time! Will bear this in mind!

Joy couldn't be seen from the eyes.

THanks, will work harder next time!

Cute boy, bad framing.

Point taken! Need to work harder on my composition. Any tips seniors out thre could give me :)

imo, should not crop out the "full face". details like chin are cropped half way. like not here not there. den th guy at the background also abit distracting eh. almost there la. jiayou! ;)

The dude in the background is kinda distracting for me.

Lovely child you have. IMO, the photo can look better with slight more space to the right and bottom (think you cropped it too much). I guess you kept the man at top left corner in the photo to show the child laughter has caught the next table attention?
For me, perhaps you can consider shooting at another perspective and frame in portrait format.

Thanks for all your reply seniors. Will work harder next time in getting a worthy shot to post in this section. Any seniors can spare me some tips. Many thanks in advance!