Singapore
i had a shooting with my company for advertising purpose

dsc1014c.jpg

children are practising their performance

my thought:
dont use flash to make their attention
use high shutter speed coz their motion quite fast

BUT for the light condition

i can only use larger aperture and higher ISO ( actually i want to smaller aperture but cannot)
so the pictures become blue and noises

so what is ur opinion to shoot?

mine is can only get a better camera that hav a good ISO....

thx:)

and maybe hav to shoot another time... zzzz haha :p

Last edited:
Just use flash ;p

Snap at the right time when the movements are slower.
Else try going up close, facial expressions sometimes can be interesting too, but that depends on what your company wants.

get an external flash unit and bounce it. u are indoors. lots of place to bounce the light.

use faster lens

use faster lens

Erm... You weren't listening, huh? He needs to shoot at f/8 or so to make sure all kids are in focus. Getting a large-aperture lens will be pointless for him.

i concur with what were said here. use external flash and bounce it up.

Hi KCYong.
If you were to use this for an advertisement, then it becomes perhaps even more important that an external flash is used to freeze the children's actions and expressions. As some of the members have mentioned, may I suggest capturing a fewer number of children within the frame, but with a focus on their smiling, happy faces. More impactful. What do you think?

i concur with what were said here. use external flash and bounce it up.

it is jus a small room ~ so can bounce easily
but also bounce childrens' eyes easily
???

got it:)

wanna ask
if i add the exposure few stops
then use smaller aperture
can?:)

My humble view is: yes you can use a smaller aperture, say maybe f/6.3 or f/8.
But you have not much other options to increase your exposure by, say, 2 stops. This is because without the use of external flash, the only way is, as you have mentioned, to increase ISO (maybe not so ideal in your case) or slow down your shutter speed (not ideal in this case).
So only way is still to use an external flash.

Hi KCYong.
If you were to use this for an advertisement, then it becomes perhaps even more important that an external flash is used to freeze the children's actions and expressions. As some of the members have mentioned, may I suggest capturing a fewer number of children within the frame, but with a focus on their smiling, happy faces. More impactful. What do you think?

if it's jus my shooting i'll be sure to do that :)
but they want to see all the children in the photos >< ha

Lolxxx....
OK lor. So your hands are tied behind your back.
Like that they will have to understand the limitations of such a request.

But I certainly feel that yes, you can definitely bounce your flash. And like what catchlights says, after a while the children will be oblivious to your presence, and their eyes will not bounce with your flash (lolxxx...).

Hi KCYong.

ya flash better...:(
i keep it in my bags haha

but i'm think that
their action will be more natural without flash ~~~~ agree?

got it:)

wanna ask
if i add the exposure few stops
then use smaller aperture
can?:)
do a ceiling bounce, since the flash light is coming down same as the existing light, the lighting effect will be very similar to what you have earlier.

the room is so small, and you didn't see any lighting fixture in the photo, you can just let your flash be the main light source, so no WB issue, you can also freeze movement and have better DOF.

Why dont just advertise on service wanted folder? U will get quite a number of folks with camera. Some of them might produce decent pics.

it is jus a small room ~ so can bounce easily
but also bounce childrens' eyes easily
???

i meant, of course, ceiling bounce. flip the flash up. that way, the light looks more natural and you won't risk bouncing the flash on the children's eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.