www.yaohui.sg
Li Xueye & Yang Rui
29801689.jpg

Yang Rui and Duan Xiuqing
29801690.jpg

Li Xueye, Yang Rui and Duan Xueqing
29801691.jpg

Hey sathea,

besides Dali, which you posted the last time, where else you when to in Yunnan? Just curious as I was there a couple of weeks ago.

the yang tian one is really nice !!

We took the plane to Kunming, before taking an overnight train to Dali.
Spent most of the days in Dali, in a village, helping to build biogas tank.
I really enjoyed interacting with the children and teaching them English.
We spent a few days in Lijiang visiting the few attractions there, 古城 and 玉龙雪山。

sathea said:
We took the plane to Kunming, before taking an overnight train to Dali.
Spent most of the days in Dali, in a village, helping to build biogas tank.
I really enjoyed interacting with the children and teaching them English.
We spent a few days in Lijiang visiting the few attractions there, 古城 and 玉龙雪山。

Lijiang.....most wonderful place on this earth. I took a 10 hour bus ride. As I was shooting for a client of mine in Lijiang, I stayed at the Lijiang old town. Man, it is amazing where the water comes from. All from the snow mountain. Did you manage to venture up to Lugu Lake? Architectural in old Lijiang town is superb too.

Pro Image said:
Lijiang.....most wonderful place on this earth. I took a 10 hour bus ride. As I was shooting for a client of mine in Lijiang, I stayed at the Lijiang old town. Man, it is amazing where the water comes from. All from the snow mountain. Did you manage to venture up to Lugu Lake? Architectural in old Lijiang town is superb too.

10 hour bus ride from where?
Yes, the tour guide said if you are lost in 丽江古城, just follow the water or see special landmarks to help you get out. and the wheel near the entrance, it is a pretty significant landmark of the city.
Nope, Lugu Lake was not on the tour agenda. We had too little time there, the night was really beautiful, with all the lights, but I did not have the chance and time to shoot. Did you go up the snow mountain?

sathea said:
10 hour bus ride from where?
Yes, the tour guide said if you are lost in 丽江古城, just follow the water or see special landmarks to help you get out. and the wheel near the entrance, it is a pretty significant landmark of the city.
Nope, Lugu Lake was not on the tour agenda. We had too little time there, the night was really beautiful, with all the lights, but I did not have the chance and time to shoot. Did you go up the snow mountain?

I had a chance to shoot some photos on my small mini digicam....

This is what I am talking about. The first well which is the top of the frame is for drinking, then next is for washing vegetables and then the last is for anything. Has been using this system for ages. The best part is the water is about 20-24 degrees. So not too cold and you can just pick a glass and drink. Taste sweet.
Water_System.jpg

Day scene of the old Lijiang town
Lijiang_Day_Scene.sized.jpg

Night Scene
Lijiang_Night_Scene_01.jpg

Night Scene without using colour balance.
Lijiang_Night_Scene.jpg

Eh dun expect too much from a small mini digicam expecially the night shot.

As I had more than enough time to spare, yes I did go up to the snow mountain. Had to ride about 2 hours on the horse, then another 2 hours climb. The decent was hell too......Man is like hell climbing up those mountains.

From Kunming I took the bus. The problem was the highway they build were upgrading. So the took the scenic route which was damn slow.

you drank the water?

rode the horse and climbed? there's a route?
we took the cable car up.

sathea said:
you drank the water?

rode the horse and climbed? there's a route?
we took the cable car up.

yes i drank the water. I made some friends with some of locals staying there and they say if i had any problem later they will help me. So I drank! No problem after that. Whew!

Yep I took the scenic route again. It was a very good experience taking the horse. Yes i know there is a cable car but decided on a more challanging route...hehe....Also met some locals around the foot of the mountain where I was invited to bbq some birds and potatoes. Drank some fresh brew tea too. Yummy!

good. seems like you had more 'adventure' than i did when going up the mountains.

Very brave of you to drink the water ... who knows what kind of nasties could be living in it? You might get Giardiasis, Amoebiasis, Schistosomiasis, tapeworms, roundworms ...

Amfibius said:
Very brave of you to drink the water ... who knows what kind of nasties could be living in it? You might get Giardiasis, Amoebiasis, Schistosomiasis, tapeworms, roundworms ...
well, the water came from the mountains and the locals have been drinking them for years. but think it's better to boil it first though...

the children seemed so enthusiastic about taking photos.
i was pointing my camera at the field and all of them came lining up posing for a picture.
29775184.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.