richliow

Jul 9, 2005
Gundam4.jpg

Gundam5.jpg

Gundam6.jpg

Gundam7.jpg

Gundam8.jpg

richliow,
I find the lighting and composition of the bandai plastic, galaxydefending, spaceflying models very interesting. however, it is unfortunate that these china products do not incorporate much facial features, hence it is difficult to understand how the robots are feeling. maybe you can try some macro shots of their faces.

how would they be feeling? my guess is that they are thinking of their next move to conquer the galaxy. surely. i feel that it is an extremely commendable aspiration. ( if the robots take into consideration space and time )

richliow, care to elaborate what your pictures mean/tell/ what you were thinking when you framed the robots/ did the lighting etc etc...?

Douglas

most of them are oofed..

framing wise, weapons, hands and legs being cropped off.

maybe only no. 4 works.

doug3fflux said:
richliow,
I find the lighting and composition of the bandai plastic, galaxydefending, spaceflying models very interesting. however, it is unfortunate that these china products do not incorporate much facial features, hence it is difficult to understand how the robots are feeling. maybe you can try some macro shots of their faces.

how would they be feeling? my guess is that they are thinking of their next move to conquer the galaxy. surely. i feel that it is an extremely commendable aspiration. ( if the robots take into consideration space and time )

richliow, care to elaborate what your pictures mean/tell/ what you were thinking when you framed the robots/ did the lighting etc etc...?
Douglas

they actually do not have any facial expressions. short of the stoic feeling that their faces carries.

When I was shooting them, I was basically trying to experiment macro photography... Although i am using a kits lens....

I was trying to protray them in battle.. in rusty battle environments.

the lighting i used is basically a table lamp... yellow illuminated....again, trying to make a dusk feeling to compliment a rusty battle environment,

A-Von said:
most of them are oofed..

framing wise, weapons, hands and legs being cropped off.

maybe only no. 4 works.

what is "oofed" ie cant make it?? :bigeyes:

eikin said:
do read the posting guidelines under critique corner :)
opps..apologies

richliow said:
they actually do not have any facial expressions. short of the stoic feeling that their faces carries.

When I was shooting them, I was basically trying to experiment macro photography... Although i am using a kits lens....

I was trying to protray them in battle.. in rusty battle environments.

the lighting i used is basically a table lamp... yellow illuminated....again, trying to make a dusk feeling to compliment a rusty battle environment,

im sorry. this whole series is not only unoriginal, but also reeking of the absence of any meaning. friends? childhood friends? uh. there is actually a storyline behind the two robots? sigh.

Douglas

doug3fflux said:
im sorry. this whole series is not only unoriginal, but also reeking of the absence of any meaning. friends? childhood friends? uh. there is actually a storyline behind the two robots? sigh.

Douglas

well, the link for childhood fren is basically an attempt to link us, the grown ups with what we used to play with when we were kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.