Chijmes

Status
Not open for further replies.

cillin

Apr 17, 2002
Jurong West
Visit site
aaf.jpg

The Caldwell House was designed and built by G.D.Coleman in 1840-1841 Rev. J.M. Beurel, founder of the Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus, the Cathedral of the Good Shepherd and St Joseph’s Institution, purchased the Caldwell House at August 1852.

Between 1855 to1892, series of convent buildings were add on due to flourishing of the school. In 1903, a Chapel was added and consecrated in 1904, followed by adding new wings and classrooms for increasing students.

In 1983, the school was moved to the new premises and the secondary school block was demolished in 1984.

The remainder of the complex was developed into retail outlets and restaurants and is known as CHIJMES.

Good composition and very informative. Good work.

:thumbsup:

More like a postcard. :)

Notice the rooftop appears to be a bit blueish (or my eyes :p) , did you use any filters? Or PS touch up?

Originally posted by cillin
aaf.jpg

The Caldwell House was designed and built by G.D.Coleman in 1840-1841 Rev. J.M. Beurel, founder of the Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus, the Cathedral of the Good Shepherd and St Joseph’s Institution, purchased the Caldwell House at August 1852.

Between 1855 to1892, series of convent buildings were add on due to flourishing of the school. In 1903, a Chapel was added and consecrated in 1904, followed by adding new wings and classrooms for increasing students.

In 1983, the school was moved to the new premises and the secondary school block was demolished in 1984.

The remainder of the complex was developed into retail outlets and restaurants and is known as CHIJMES.

Wah... You're a walking history text. :what:
OhMIgosh. You made me so proud of IJ. *sniffs*

Hi Cillin

As usual another piece of great work! Great composition with nice exposure. How did you get that shot? Please share! Did u process it in Photoshop? Did you use a tripod? And it is an A40 i presume.

Cillin great work!

cillin...except for de white on de left which is a bit too much and those 2 trees *cannot help it anyway..heh*, it's a gr8 pic here....i wouldnt know it's taken wif an A40.

Is from A40.

I used a polarizer and I did some touch up using PS. The dark blue cloud on the right, in fact is dark grey cloud, after using polarizer become dark blue. I took number of shots due to exposure. The left side is sunny, the right side is cloudy, I play around with AF and Spot metering to get a balance in term of exposure. I did not sued tripod for this shot. Normally I only used tripod for night shot.

I am not an archi student, from engineering.

Status
Not open for further replies.