53986451.jpg

53986452.jpg

53986456.jpg

53986458.jpg

53986462.jpg

53986470.jpg

53986464.jpg

nice nice :thumbsup:
tower in #1 and #4 is slanted a bit though...:)

choo said:
nice nice :thumbsup:
tower in #1 and #4 is slanted a bit though...:)
Thanks.

Actually, they are not slanted at all. Just an optical illusion.
In #1, the edge of the base is not parallel to the shore if you look closely. So it looked slanted if you judge the 'slantness' from that part of the base. But if you check the tiers of the pagoda, they are basically horizontal. Just scroll the picture up and down the screen and use the edge of the window to check.

In #4, it is opposite. The base of the pagoda in this case is horizontal but due to the height of the pagoda, the resulting perspective shift made the edge of each floor look more and more slanted as the nos of floors increased above ground level. :)

the colours are too grey...Not the IR photo kind of contrast....must be the weather...

Yes, the weather does have an efffect on the overall contrast in IR photos. It was overcast during the shoot yesterday. Looked to me to be similar to the recent group outing to Chinese Gardens.

Another factor is the different degree of IR reflectance exhibited by different plants... some plants looked whiter than others.

I suppose I can always post-process more to get greater contrast but would lose details in doing so and I value details in IR photos more and prefer to retain them.

Have you tried Cokin? Something like No.8 would be more acceptable...normally, the sky and water is dark.

But, must be bad overcast lah...

Also, I found modified cams tend to have light pastel colours, and flatter curves during overcast days... especially sky and water....

The image dun jump at you like a normal IR photo...

Preferred your Oly IR photos...

The best conditions to take IR photos are bright sunny day with clear blue sky and some clouds regardless of whether the cameras are modified or not. Those taken during the group outing to Chinese Gardens looked just as dull to me and not sharp to boot due to the overcast conditions and the slow shutter speeds required I suppose.

The modified Sony actually also give the best results during bright sunny days with images that jump out at the viewer like these:

47443791.jpg

48354024.jpg

49861874.jpg

50426104.jpg

I do agree though that the E-300 does give very nice IR photos under bright sunny conditions. Still need to use a tripod though unless it is overseas like in my Italy shots. :)

yah, the E300's colours are more naturally....not too grey.

Those shot with normal D70 are actually less grey and more natural.

Not like everything is made of cement

Status
Not open for further replies.