chicken rice

BBTM

Nov 23, 2004
BB West
Since 1987, whereby I depends on it a lot as other choice didn't fill me up so much. But nowadays, I go for mixed veg rice n yong tao fu for more variety. So, do you still have chicken rice or feeling sick of it? Esp the amount is not much for that price. :thinks

I have been having Chicken rice since I am ....4-5yrs old?? I can have Chicken rice everyday until now :) my son is having his since 3 yrs old and he can finish 3/4 portion of it !!!

Home cook chicken rice, yes, dont know when started but confirm taste nicer than those outside as my mum used sesame oil, spring onion etc to make. Those selling outside, too sop, not that tasty. That's why I fat fat till now. Ha ha!

How can we stop eating chicken rice?!!

How can we stop eating chicken rice?!!

From daily to weekly to monthly to half a year to yearly? Heh heh! Cannot stop but reduce?

I can't metabolize chicken rice.

You guys like this Malaysian food so much meh?

Chicken rice is one of the best dishes I've ever eaten. But nowadays quite hard to eat more as I think of how much oil goes into cooking the rice and comes with the chicken. Im getting on in age already. Cannot tahan so oily food...sad.

Home cook chicken rice, yes, dont know when started but confirm taste nicer than those outside as my mum used sesame oil, spring onion etc to make.

can ask her cook for us ? sounds delicious!

The price hike has not spared simple dishes so it's normal that people look elsewhere for the same amount of money. You can still get a $2 serving in Changi V, a shop named Tiong Bahru Chicken Rice. Decent size for two bucks, taste is good.
I take it occasionally, especially as a contrast when I'm fed up with hotel food / high level dinner due to business trips and meetings. That's the moment when Chicken Rice really tastes good.

Depends on where you eat the chicken rice.

Mandarin Hotel Chatterbox chicken rice is very costly.

Five Star chicken rice is costly.

Neighbourhood food centres still sell chicken rice from $2.50 to $3.

Since 1987, whereby I depends on it a lot as other choice didn't fill me up so much. But nowadays, I go for mixed veg rice n yong tao fu for more variety. So, do you still have chicken rice or feeling sick of it? Esp the amount is not much for that price. :thinks

Nowadays the chicken in the chicken rice is not real chicken anymore.

It's a synthetic compressed chicken-flavour mixed meat with a high content of catfish in it. :)

Chatter box chicken rice is at down town east E hub. The original chef open it many years ago. $5 plus instead of the 20 plus dish, you can't order tight meat only you take what they serve you. Many kopitiam have nicer and cheaper chicken rice then the above mentioned.

New Strain of Bird Flu found, and already started to kill...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-26020015

We have H5N1, H7N9, now, H10N8.......mmmm..... Toto anyone???

Just make friend very carefully: :bsmilie:

Sue_and_Obi_0117-300x300.jpg

Last edited:
Nowadays the chicken in the chicken rice is not real chicken anymore.

It's a synthetic compressed chicken-flavour mixed meat with a high content of catfish in it. :)

ha ha - you may have described MacDonalds chicken nuggets, though not sure about the catfish part.