Chicken Pox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klose

Feb 15, 2005
Any suggestions of what to do to keep my mind of the itch? :dunno: I still have to go to camp tmr to get my mc plus clear my work :sweat:

Klose said:
Any suggestions of what to do to keep my mind of the itch? :dunno: I still have to go to camp tmr to get my mc plus clear my work :sweat:

are you sure you want to travel around with chicken pox? it doesn't make any sense, it's highly contagious you know ... can't you go to your family clinic to get the mc and get your relative to send it down to camp instead?

eikin said:
are you sure you want to travel around with chicken pox? it doesn't make any sense, it's highly contagious you know ... can't you go to your family clinic to get the mc and get your relative to send it down to camp instead?

I have no choice :dunno: cos I am the store ic anyway I should be done by 10 plus in the morning.

Klose said:
I have no choice :dunno: cos I am the store ic anyway I should be done by 10 plus in the morning.

you are a store IC? no 2IC? can't you get your QM or RQ to arrange for you?

eikin said:
you are a store IC? no 2IC? can't you get your QM or RQ to arrange for you?

My RQ knows nothing about signals... my storeman also dont know anything... spent their time at course sleeping :dunno: but i feel it's better to settle everything tmr instead of getting called the whole week.

I got it last year.. worst time in my life. Prob because I caught it late, and didn't go for injection within the first 2days.
Guess there's not much except calamine lotion and the drying powder. Sleep, watch a movie, talk, play some game helps past the time.
Just follow the typical granny's advice: stay off dark soy sauce, drink a lot of cooling stuffs, no beans, no chicken or seafood as it'll make u itch more.

dennisc said:
I got it last year.. worst time in my life. Prob because I caught it late, and didn't go for injection within the first 2days.
Guess there's not much except calamine lotion and the drying powder. Sleep, watch a movie, talk, play some game helps past the time.
Just follow the typical granny's advice: stay off dark soy sauce, drink a lot of cooling stuffs, no beans, no chicken or seafood as it'll make u itch more.

The funny thing is I took the vaccine for chicken pox a few years back in pri sch :bsmilie: anyway I know it's chicken pox cos there are quite a few 'pimples' on my scalp that popped out this evening :confused:

chicken pox got vaccine? ... maybe it wore off after many years? ... anyway .. once u get it .. not likely to get again =)

Expiredyoghurt said:
chicken pox got vaccine? ... maybe it wore off after many years? ... anyway .. once u get it .. not likely to get again =)

actually it's not that true there are ppl who get it a second time or even a third time :sweat:

dun be a hero. you'll just end up infecting someone and then you'll get blamed for it.

Chicken pox must Quarentine yourself like SARS. Or else u will spread it. You r not suppose to go anywhere at all. Tell ur QM or whoever if they will take responsibily if u infect the whole unit/camp.

Klose said:
actually it's not that true there are ppl who get it a second time or even a third time :sweat:
pple who get it again are usually clusters of blisters known as shingles...chinese called it "snake". The virus is the same as that of the chickenpox.

Klose said:
The funny thing is I took the vaccine for chicken pox a few years back in pri sch :bsmilie: anyway I know it's chicken pox cos there are quite a few 'pimples' on my scalp that popped out this evening :confused:
U should go straight to the clinic and start taking aciclovir ASAP. Aciclovir can prevent the CP virus from multiplying. It is not true that the more blisters u get, the better it is in preventing any future recurrence. Chickenpox in adult resulting in complications can KILL. Dun let the virus overwhelm your immune system.

Please do not step out of your house.
Before the days of the SARS,
people will call you "Seow ON", that's all

But after we know about SARS
people will call you inconsiderate.

Are you saying that your whole camp only you can do the job (then I think Mindef has a serious problem)

Looks like you are the key to our defence.

:bsmilie:

Juz scream...no lah. Actually, there are medications to relieve itch - some antihistamines are better than others - eg Atarax. Bathe with the lotion called pinetarsol.. stinks but quite good at relieving itch.

Hope that this may help.

Provided the rest of the ppl doesn't mind. Go give a chickenpox party, spread it around, if your friends dont mind have leave for a week. ;)

Depends on the situation, I remembered that last time when I was in NSF, attending a course and someone reported sick with CP, what happened was that company OC re-group the platoons, those that never had CP were in 1 platoon, and they were quarantined in-camp for 1 week or more to see if there are more cases and to make sure that it did not spread to other companies (otherwise not enough people to finish the course), they had to have meals in bunk. No canteen breaks etc. training still goes on though but in isolated location.

So you either becomes hero (everyone goes on MC) or villian (everyone quarantine in-camp)
:bsmilie:

Just be careful and stay away from pregnant women, it is dangereous for them...
best is if you not go back to camp, if really no choice, then go back through private transport not public transport...

Just call your superior for advice. If he/she insists you to come back to camp, just follow the instruction. If anything goes wrong, blame him/her.

Just inform your superior and he should be take the responsibility to disseminate and assign whatever task that you are assigend to others.

rgds,
sulhan

Status
Not open for further replies.