Chicken Cutlet Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunas

Dec 19, 2006
Singapore
3862434502_73ba5d3489.jpg

3862398718_e80296e1cb.jpg

How do you make it so bright. always felt it was nice but i'm not sure how to get that pure white look. Most lighting yield a color tinge.

Thanks for the enlightenment!

nice lighting and colour tone. :thumbsup:

Looks yummy

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

NOOOOOO! Everywhere i look is foood. Im starving :(

How do you make it so bright. always felt it was nice but i'm not sure how to get that pure white look. Most lighting yield a color tinge.

Thanks for the enlightenment!

Create a light tent.

nice lighting and colour tone. :thumbsup:

Looks yummy

Thank you for all the comments. Feel free to share if there is anywhere I can improve.
3866633490_3b5262f76c.jpg

very badly taken. understand your food color relationship with your background. you blown everything to get the white feel but your subject focus is totally gone, if you only have the chicken cutlet, then ok, but your rice is merging with the background.

White plate, White background, White rice... your control of shadow is not there to make each of them differentiated.

very badly taken. understand your food color relationship with your background. you blown everything to get the white feel but your subject focus is totally gone, if you only have the chicken cutlet, then ok, but your rice is merging with the background.

White plate, White background, White rice... your control of shadow is not there to make each of them differentiated.

I don't see that the rice is merging with the BG. Based on the histogram, the rice is not blown, there are still details. What are you commenting about?

Looks YUMMY

Sorry for the ignorance and thinking with the stomach .... but is this for an ad/art project or is this really available to try??? If yes, where can we try this cutlet?

The picture looks good to me....

I don't see that the rice is merging with the BG. Based on the histogram, the rice is not blown, there are still details. What are you commenting about?

on #1, rice (top side) is almost merge with the white background (even we can still differentiate it)

on #2
left side of cucumbers is merging with the white background
left side of plate also merging with the background

I find your shots overexposed. The lack of warmth and texture make the food less appealing to the eyes. One man's meat is another man's poison though.

Chicken cutlet but the rice looks 'dried', otherwise looks good on the plate.

Looks YUMMY

Sorry for the ignorance and thinking with the stomach .... but is this for an ad/art project or is this really available to try??? If yes, where can we try this cutlet?

The picture looks good to me....

For Project. The bg will be cropped away.

on #1, rice (top side) is almost merge with the white background (even we can still differentiate it)

on #2
left side of cucumbers is merging with the white background
left side of plate also merging with the background

Besides judging from the histogram and based on my monitor, I can still see the separation of the 2 items. Maybe you can lower the brightness of your screen.

dun just depend on the histogram. use yur eyes and yur own judgement. technology is not perfect.

Besides judging from the histogram and based on my monitor, I can still see the separation of the 2 items. Maybe you can lower the brightness of your screen.

I find your shots overexposed. The lack of warmth and texture make the food less appealing to the eyes. One man's meat is another man's poison though.

You are right, the lack of warmth and texture. I think it is the overwhelm proportion of whites surrounding the cutlet that makes it less appealing.

Chicken cutlet but the rice looks 'dried', otherwise looks good on the plate.

Able to share how to make the rice look 'moist'?

dun just depend on the histogram. use yur eyes and yur own judgement. technology is not perfect.

They don't look overexposed leh. The details are still present.

Try looking at the pic from afar, step away from your monitor... you cant really distinguish the rice from the plate even if the background is crop away.

Can the cutlet be shifted to sit beside the cucmber, tomatoes, lemon... Would it look better rather than separate apart?
If the plate and rice has some sauces over it, would it look better?
Or show the meaty side of the cutlet instead of purely the crumbs. Would it look better as well?

Sorry i am a total newbie on food photography.

Status
Not open for further replies.