Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

ortega

Nov 2, 2004
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
I took this image at a press conference when they were in singapore many years ago

Do your worst, i'll explain what it means to me later.
thanks

14689IMG0006.jpg

Is that motion blur or PS? Somehow I feel the image would be stronger without the PSed whirly effect. I would really love to see clearly the reflection in the sunglasses as well as the strong horizontal lines presented by the headgear. The frame of the sunglasses is broken as well by the effect. I'm also getting a headache after prolonged study of the image.

IMHO, the effect doesn't contribute to the image at all, but of course you may have a particular effect in mind.

I kinda quite like the effect.
Esp with the 2 "holes" in the sunglass.

But after u told me what the "holes" are, I kinda lost interest in it.

everytime i look at his hat, the spec pull my attention to it.

is his reply to the question "no"?

in this image

the artist's world is always in a buzz going round and round
and what he needs at that moment is a strong cup of coffee.

My own 2 cents, what you you guys think
good or no good.

I always get mixed feelings on this image.
so tell me what you think ...

I have long gone off that images should be sharp. Sometimes motion blur and out of focus can add interest to an image.

This is one of those I like. Including blown out high values.

thank you, i was wondering where you were, can you please elaborate more
for my own learning experience

notice that the coffee cup is sharp while the rest of the image is blur.
this is a scan from a slide is pardon the low quality.

It is just me that the '2 black holes' on the sunglasses don't look like coffee cup to me. First impression is a 'black hair' dark skin lady in white walking pass... (view from a video cam angle):dunno:

Am I the only one:sweat:

well... my guess is he's answering question, turning from his left to right and you happened to capture it with rear sync flash? Hence the lens is sharp at the end of the movement...

Once I looked at a friend's photos. Because of my peculiar eyesight, I took off my glasses and peered at the images something like 6 inches from my faces. My friend mistook my gesture for overscrutinising his images - for looking at the details. He understood when I explained.

But the point was also made. Why are we scrutinising images to find faults? There are few images that are "perfect" (what is it anyway?) But there are many many images that just tell wonderful stories. So what if the shadows have little details? So what if the composition is slightly off? Why are we looking at the little faults instead of the story the image is trying to tell? I have just returned from Tuscany. Did not take the usual stuff. Yes, made many sharp images, but also tried to purposely make things out of focus. Next I will try to shake my camera! Or put the shutter at 5 seconds and then do a tap dance whilemaking the photograph!

But coming to this image. I like it because it goes well with the culture. With the times. The people. The mood.

And that is all I care. I don't care what the "holes" mean. They do not detract from the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.