Chicago nanny discovered to be master street photographer

america got talent..

inspired. but it's an ethical dilemma. share this talent with the world and disrespect her character, or respect her character and not display to the world what this talent did.

This is a true love of photography, uncorrupted by the need to prance around and gain followers. :thumbsup:

Saw her story quite a long time ago. She has very cool pictures that I enjoyed viewing.

bloody brilliant.

Thanks for the link. This is the first time I have heard of Vivian Maier.

I cannot help but wonder if my photos might end up her way....

Amazing. Thanks for sharing!

who decides these ppl are "masters" anyway... just curious.

I saw this yesterday, and have been looking at her blog since. Amazing work, and very inspirational for me.

Makes me wonder how many others are like her, just doing it for themselves.

who decides these ppl are "masters" anyway... just curious.

according to the curators of the exhibition and people who went to see it....

but i think it's just a ploy for the greed of one man to try to gain riches by publicizing this.

according to the curators of the exhibition and people who went to see it....

but i think it's just a ploy for the greed of one man to try to gain riches by publicizing this.

publicity is just marketing, the value of art still depend on the value of art work that they put on market. Let the market decide the price, so normally art collection has no price, there are always put on auction. The market will decide the value.

publicity is just marketing, the value of art still depend on the value of art work that they put on market. Let the market decide the price, so normally art collection has no price, there are always put on auction. The market will decide the value.

but watching the video itself, it brings one to the debate table of whether it's right. the original artist is someone who values her privacy and didn't want people touching her stuff.

what i'm talking about is this ethical dilemma.

are we respecting the rights of the dead? if we respect her rights, and keep the photos locked up, everyone won't know who she is, or the wonderful images she took.

but if we showcase these images to the world, to let everyone see this hidden talent, and ignore her cries for privacy while she was alive, then are we not invading human rights?

at the end of the interview video this was one of the questions thrown out to the person who discovered this.

Some of her street shots are awesome!

but watching the video itself, it brings one to the debate table of whether it's right. the original artist is someone who values her privacy and didn't want people touching her stuff.

what i'm talking about is this ethical dilemma.

are we respecting the rights of the dead? if we respect her rights, and keep the photos locked up, everyone won't know who she is, or the wonderful images she took.

but if we showcase these images to the world, to let everyone see this hidden talent, and ignore her cries for privacy while she was alive, then are we not invading human rights?

at the end of the interview video this was one of the questions thrown out to the person who discovered this.
I don't know her exact reasons, but if she really was so uptight about her private images, then she could have shot without film (empty camera), or burn all her negatives and images before she died at old age.........

Most photographers like all artists do want to get known somehow.......

HS