chiang mai , wat phra that doi suthep

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesser

Dec 28, 2002
Serangoon
www.jesserswork.com.sg
will be travelling to chiang mai...wish to visit wat phra that doi suthep.
according to books, is way out of chiang mai city. like to know if i can visit the temple on my own? will there be taxi or tuk tuk able to bring me there? and will there be taxi or tuk tuk available at the temple to take me back to chiang mai city? i will be photography the temple and the people there so will take about half a day. those had travelled there can share some tips?
thanks very very much.

jesser said:
will be travelling to chiang mai...wish to visit wat phra that doi suthep.
according to books, is way out of chiang mai city. like to know if i can visit the temple on my own? will there be taxi or tuk tuk able to bring me there? and will there be taxi or tuk tuk available at the temple to take me back to chiang mai city? i will be photography the temple and the people there so will take about half a day. those had travelled there can share some tips?
thanks very very much.

I book my package from Chan's Brothers. Local Tour Guide was provided.
U can book the one day tour package from yr hotel tour agency.
If u go on yr own, the price is expensive. Try to go with a small group (cheaper).

The admission ticket cost 30 Baht. U can choose to take the "lift" up or walk up the temple. The Naga Stair with 2 long dragons on it's sidewall has 306 steps to the temple top. The place is like Genting & has fog/mist most of the time. Try to bring a coat to protect yr camera equipments during cold & rainy seasons.

This temple is huge & has lots of Buddha images. With a Tour Guide can explain the legend & history behind the temple. Some do's & don'ts need to observed too. Trust mi, go with a Guide can save u lots of un-wanted troubles.

1) Pls dress politely & no shorts or sleeve-less T-shirt allow.
2) Take off shoe before entering the platform around the Golden Chedi.
3) Don't touch the Buddha images
4) Show respect in the temple & shrine.

Hope this short info can help.... Happy Holiday..

Hi Jesser did you enjoy your travel to Chiang Mai already?

Just in case the answer is no, please consider that you can easily reach & visit by yourself the famous temple Doi Suthep.
When in Chiang Mai take a tuk tuk to the Chiang Mai University and there you'll see the red taxi to the temple (due to the altitude the tuk tuk is not capable to reach the temple).

Coming back to Chiang Mai is more easy, since when you are back from your visit you'll see the red taxi just in fron of the Naga staircase.

My suggestion is to visit also the hill tribe village very near to the temple (just 15 min far).
In this case you can hire a taxi in Chiang Mai for half or full day.

Have a nice trip to Thailand.;)

jesser said:
hi, just back from chiang mai.
well, managed to visit and see those places that i wished.
thks for all the tips.

:) ;)
Share with us some of you photos...keen to see
what Chiang mai pix.:)

Hosea said:
Share with us some of you photos...keen to see
what Chiang mai pix.:)

will be posting them up in my pbase onces i get all the photos done up.
nothing special just normal shootout of the hill tribes villages and Wat Phra That Doi Suthep.
it was a cool rainny season with cloudy sky throughout my stay there.
the only interesting part is that i travelled all the way up to Mai Ai, about 200km away from Chiang Mai to visit the hill tribes villages where they really stay......the Lahu, the Akha and the Karen people.
will let you know once the photos are up.

jesser said:
will be posting them up in my pbase onces i get all the photos done up.
nothing special just normal shootout of the hill tribes villages and Wat Phra That Doi Suthep.
it was a cool rainny season with cloudy sky throughout my stay there.
the only interesting part is that i travelled all the way up to Mai Ai, about 200km away from Chiang Mai to visit the hill tribes villages where they really stay......the Lahu, the Akha and the Karen people.
will let you know once the photos are up.
Thanks, look forward to see "thru ur lens".:)
I am sure you did had a wonderful trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.