Chess Horse

Status
Not open for further replies.

szepeng

May 14, 2007
Hi, this is my first post.. wld like to seek some advise on below:

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
the overall mood of the pics, esp e subject
the way the subject is being present

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
this pic, i am trying to bring out 2 point
a) the contrast btw e black subject and the white contrasting subject
b) the horse appears to be sweating as if it is in despair

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
this pic is taken after a rain pour at a outdoor exhibition
Exposure Time = 1/800 sec
Aperture Value = F4.6
ISOSpeed Ratings = 400

IMG_2080.jpg

Thanks
Peng

Pic slanted which you could have corrected it in PS.

Knight is under-exposed could have used a fill in flash, and include more of the knight IMO.

Could have used a larger aperture to isolate your knight from your background.

agreed that the pic is slanted, and the background is too cluttered... However there is a gd effort in having droplets of water on the horse to bring the subject out more. Gd try. THe backgrd could be corrected by covering it wtih something or choosing an area which has no eye catching objects...

Pic slanted which you could have corrected it in PS.

Knight is under-exposed could have used a fill in flash, and include more of the knight IMO.

Could have used a larger aperture to isolate your knight from your background.

Thanks Yehosaphat for your advise, wasnt aware of the slant horizon til u mentioned.

agreed that the pic is slanted, and the background is too cluttered... However there is a gd effort in having droplets of water on the horse to bring the subject out more. Gd try. THe backgrd could be corrected by covering it wtih something or choosing an area which has no eye catching objects...

Thanks nigel84 for your encouragement..

2a) should have tried a different angle to fill the black knight's background with the white pieces, as of this shot, there is too much dark background, so it's a little hard to make your black subject stand out.

2b) i like this idea. heh.

2a) should have tried a different angle to fill the black knight's background with the white pieces, as of this shot, there is too much dark background, so it's a little hard to make your black subject stand out.

2b) i like this idea. heh.

Hi Yatlapball...

thanks for your advise and honest feedback.. ;)

i think its underexposed as a whole. composition worked for me and i think the background's okay.

and i do have to agree with Yatlapball. that IS a very interesting idea you're trying to put forth and i think you did a great job pulling that off. :)

i think its underexposed as a whole. composition worked for me and i think the background's okay.

and i do have to agree with Yatlapball. that IS a very interesting idea you're trying to put forth and i think you did a great job pulling that off. :)

Hee... thanks with_brokenwings for your comment...
seems like mi idea is good, but mi skills is :thumbsd:
hee, shall see it as a target to produce better exposed pics next time
:devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.