Chery QQ, the cheapest car in Singapore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Gun

Aug 13, 2003
Visit site
Local trader import China's Chery QQ with 0.8L motor into Singapore at 32.9 K Singapore dallors with 2K SGD voucher. It is the cheapest car in Singapore.

BTW, this model asked less than 8K SGD in China. From Zaobao, it is 3.6K US Dallors.

Top Gun said:
Local trader import China's Chery QQ with 0.8L motor into Singapore at 32.9 K Singapore dallors with 2K SGD voucher. It is the cheapest car in Singapore.

BTW, this model asked less than 8K SGD in China. From Zaobao, it is 3.6K US Dallors.

that was for the first 50 cars only .......

Hope the price can drop down to more reasonable level after first 50 cars.
Feel sorry for first 50 Singapore Chery Car Owners.

Top Gun said:
Hope the price can drop down to more reasonable level after first 50 cars.
Feel sorry for first 50 Singapore Chery Car Owners.

the price can never be 'reasonable' cos of the high import taxes for cars.

still, its nice to see the re-entry of compact cars back in singapore. these cars are a breeze to park! :)

The problem is, if you consider a much more luxury car like Benz or Lexus. Singapore's price is 100% or 200% higher than the price in Germany or Japan.
Everybody knows that luxury cars will be charged with higher import tax than compact/economy cars, right?
But local trader defines the price of a 0.8L Chery QQ(the most low priced model of QQ) 400% more than the price in China. How much is the import tax submitted to government to benefit the whole society and how much is the benefit excluded to trader?

I dunno, looks pretty dorky to me...

miracle-chine-3.jpg

Euro NCAP rating is 0 star

Front Collision at 50mph, your chance of walking unhurt is 0% and death is abt 70%..

The price is about 30k+... cheap but unsafety...

A lil' dorky if I must say so myself.

Subaru R1/R2 or the Toyota Yaris would look nicer.
But at abt 50K a poop for these 2, it really costs a lot more den this CheryQQ.

Don't think the price is attractive at all. :nono:

32.9k can get you a Kia Picanto (1100cc), I believe a Kelisa cost lesser than that!

Sorry if the question seems dumb, but, do you realy mean 0.8L motor :dunno:

What load will it carry and at what speed ?

Like, if you have 4 people inside and a full tank, will someone need to get out to push start :bsmilie:

The fuel economy would be great, but that is a very small motor.

I would guess meant for around town use only, not open road (highway).

Cheers :)

If u've got 4 peeps with an average weight of 90kg, it might be a little problem. Highways here are a little different than that of Australia, extremely short in comparison. So I guess it would be economical and more friendly in this part of the world.

huggable said:
Don't think the price is attractive at all. :nono:

32.9k can get you a Kia Picanto (1100cc), I believe a Kelisa cost lesser than that!

hahaha yeah ... according to the newspaper Picanto is 32999 and the kelisa is 32900 ...

if really comparing cc to $ ... then you are paying slightly more money to hiher cc ... hahaha

JL1500k said:
Wow 660cc car come back to SG again!

Mitsubishi also come up 660cc car call Mitsubishi i.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/10326.php

Subaru also launch 660cc car call R1/R2 two door version

http://www.subaru.co.jp/square/gallery/kabegami/r1/imgs/4_2.jpg

These small CC car will attract buyer like young lady :bigeyes:

if i am not wrong, both the mitsubishi and the subaru are turbo charge, thus, at 660c, it is still fine.

Petrol consumption for the Subaru seems to be 4.5l/100km. Thus doing an average like 22km/litre on a 30l tank. :think:

0.8L refers to the engine capacity, incidentally equals to 800cc.

At 39k, what equipment/safety features does it comes with? The car doesn't seem to have any airbags.

Status
Not open for further replies.