Cherry Bosom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killer_Jay

Jul 5, 2006
Pasir Ris
4022254386_d6d4165381_o.jpg

1.In what area is critique to be sought?
I would like to seek feedback on the composition, exposure and feel of the picture.

2.what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
I was hoping that by seeing this photo will give out a kind of tranquility feel and also give viewer the urge to visit Japan.

3.under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
I took the photo when I was in Japan in March. I was there hoping to see the full bloom of a whole sea of cherry bosom but I was a few days early. Only a few of the tree bloom, this is 1 of them..

4.what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I personally think that this is very "postcard" photo. I like the natural blue sky and the white cherry bosom. But somehow, something is missing and I couldn't get a hold on it.....

Hmm... I'll be the first to comment here.

Exposure seems fine. But one thing is that the cropped off blossoms make the picture look imperfect. Your main subject didn't stand out from the background - some part merged with the blossoms behind. Background is a bit busy too.

Can't visualize it but I would try taking the picture of the whole tree or zoom in further to fill the frame with the subject.

Oh another thing.. the lighting is not the best here.. Some petals are lit by the sun but most of it are in the shade... so maybe you can place more emphasis on the subject through brightness-based isolation...

hmm...there's nothing here that really screams japan..pictures of flowers alone doesn't exactly tell where it's from.
it seems a pretty 'alright' picture imho.
composition is alright though ur main subject is not isolated from the bg enough to stand out.

what made you want to take this picture? maybe u r seeing the entire picture with the background, trees, maybe snow, etc.. but we're just seeing several flowers. a picture should tell a story and what u see. japan has very scenic landscapes right? maybe a picture of that will convey ur intention.

My interpretation:

Composition
1. I feel that there are too many focus points in this image.
The last 3 flowers on the right vs the middle vs the left most bunch.

2. Need to find a point which the image is leading the viewer eyes to.
Tilt the image clock wise a little, so viewer will follow the flow down towards the last 3 flowers on that bunch. Currently, it is too horizontal... normally people see Top Left to bottom right.

3. Since your title is Cherry blossom (bosom is chest of a female)
You have captured a nice spring feeling... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

4. The things missing could have been the whole tree, green shoots or even happy people along the park. (My guess only)

Exposure
1. Exposure is good. The weather must have been perfect there :)

Feel of the picture
1. Feel like a flower micro shoot without the micro aspect. Could have crop tighter to emphasize on it.

3. Since your title is Cherry blossom (bosom is chest of a female)

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie: didn't notice that at first

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie: didn't notice that at first

Could have re-titled it as Cherry's Bosom. That would certainly bring in the crowd. :bsmilie:

Could have re-titled it as Cherry's Bosom. That would certainly bring in the crowd. :bsmilie:

Seriously, that's my first thought also ... Cherry's Bosom. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.