Not open for further replies.

JacePhoto

Oct 1, 2007
New York City
www.flickr.com
Model: Cherie Lee
Art Direction: Jace Tan and Cherie Lee
Images for AI Films Pte Ltd

This is the first of many sets to shoot. C&C welcomed.

3198513425_e3f3908f11_o.jpg

oooo anymore pics?? I'm doing muay thai (as in the actual sport and not shooting it) too and would love to see some pics of her doing kicks and knees... ;p

There is simply no sense/feel of power in this picture.

I don't see a muay thai fighter whatsoever.

quite a fair bit of the black / shadow details are lost ... i guess the black top is just probably plain right ...

just a note on the details .... i think the gloves are not suitable or correct. and i think you should have her feet wrapped in those "bandage" wrap ... or an ankle guard. guess that looks a little more realistic. :think:

quite a fair bit of the black / shadow details are lost ... i guess the black top is just probably plain right ...

just a note on the details .... i think the gloves are not suitable or correct. and i think you should have her feet wrapped in those "bandage" wrap ... or an ankle guard. guess that looks a little more realistic. :think:

Did not do home work mah.

Perhaps a more frontal pose, arms up in the classic Muay Thai stance and in a front kick...the foot either in focus or blurred, like she is kicking the camera.

Just an idea.

This could be kickboxing, body combat, etc etc etc

The outfit does not portray "muai thai". Her stance would be better with one leg raised too.

nice concept:thumbsup: share more !!!...The light source come from her back or front or both :confused:?

add alittle bit more strength and dun hide her right fist.

oooo anymore pics?? I'm doing muay thai (as in the actual sport and not shooting it) too and would love to see some pics of her doing kicks and knees... ;p

Thanks. Will keep u updated.

There is simply no sense/feel of power in this picture.

I don't see a muay thai fighter whatsoever.

I noted on yr comments.

They are actual muay thai gloves. Cherie has been doing Muay Thai for the past 2 years. Will note on the other wraps. Actually for a girl muay thai fighter, too much wraps covers her feminity. However i have noted on yr inputs.

Did not do home work mah.

Did you? Your comments are based on assumptions. If you commented on the picture quality, i can understand. For your particular comment, you are basically an ignorant person.

too much shadow on the face and body. the contrast is way too much i feel.

Ok. Noted. Will improve on that.

Perhaps a more frontal pose, arms up in the classic Muay Thai stance and in a front kick...the foot either in focus or blurred, like she is kicking the camera.

Just an idea.

Ok. Will try it the next time.

This could be kickboxing, body combat, etc etc etc

The outfit does not portray "muai thai". Her stance would be better with one leg raised too.

Ok. Noted with thanks. I get the idea. Would add in more Muay Thai features the next round.

nice concept:thumbsup: share more !!!...The light source come from her back or front or both :confused:?

Arh... Thats the trick...

add alittle bit more strength and dun hide her right fist.

Ok. Noted. I think i need to DI her muscular features. Thanks for the idea.

Last edited:
Hi Jace, not sure if these suggestions would work, hair should be abit more messy (add some water) or a little baby oil added to the legs and arms to give a glistering, sweaty effect.

Just my 2 cents :)

Jace,

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=458346

Take a look at the thread above. From this, maybe you can find some inspiration?

Honestly, to me it is weak. The stance in which she is posing does not seem to be as the other have said in a Muay Thai stance. To me it is just a pose. On that note, much of the facial features are lost in shadows as well as the toned limbs are also pretty much lost insofar as the image goes. The background given the fact that it is quite plain, the subject should actually stand out, but in this case, she seems to, for the lack of a better word, blend in with the background.

The shadows that exist on the model just mars an otherwise almost perfect pic.

hey jace,can ong bak have the muay thai girl? hahaha. (inside joke)

Hi 'IloveBeaches', well, i really dont know. I guess they have to fight it out? Winner takes it all? haha...

Hi Jace, not sure if these suggestions would work, hair should be abit more messy (add some water) or a little baby oil added to the legs and arms to give a glistering, sweaty effect.

Just my 2 cents :)

Ok noted on this aspect. Thanks for the feedback. It gives me more idea. This is very constructive. Thanks. Will try it in the subsequent shoot. :)

Jace,

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=458346

Take a look at the thread above. From this, maybe you can find some inspiration?

Honestly, to me it is weak. The stance in which she is posing does not seem to be as the other have said in a Muay Thai stance. To me it is just a pose. On that note, much of the facial features are lost in shadows as well as the toned limbs are also pretty much lost insofar as the image goes. The background given the fact that it is quite plain, the subject should actually stand out, but in this case, she seems to, for the lack of a better word, blend in with the background.

The shadows that exist on the model just mars an otherwise almost perfect pic.

Hi 'Scandal',

Yeah. Lurker did a great job with that one. I dont want to compete with him on that aspect.

I wanted a feministic yet mysterious female muay thai figher. Thanks for the feedback. It gives me more idea. This is very constructive. Thanks.

I agree with Scandal on the shadows part...

without the shadow on her face, it would have been much better..

I wonder how much preparations the photographer and the model did before the shoot. Well, i mean did anyone read up about Muay Thai or even how how the fighter stances are? Professional look and feel to the photo maybe can well pass off but please spare a true fighter the embarrassment.

:confused:

I wonder how much preparations the photographer and the model did before the shoot. Well, i mean did anyone read up about Muay Thai or even how how the fighter stances are? Professional look and feel to the photo maybe can well pass off but please spare a true fighter the embarrassment.

:confused:

Give the model and the photographer a benefit of a doubt lah. Have a look at muay thai stance pictures on the net in pose. These are professionals.

http://www.islandmuaythai.com/Muay_Thai_training_camp_photos_2.htm

The gloves above as in the picture are not for combat purposes but for training. If the model herself has been doing Muay Thai for 2 years, but not as a combat exercise but for more of recreation, then the statement about a true fighter is out of place here. If one takes a look at lurker's thread on the Muay Thai, that picture well executed as it is is not without its flaws. So are you also saying that for the guy in that thread, he is also putting practitioner of the art to shame?

Unless you are saying that two fighters in a combative stance, then yes. Probably then, yes, a more professional look in terms of the art is needed.

Give the model and the photographer a benefit of a doubt lah. Have a look at muay thai stance pictures on the net in pose. These are professionals.

http://www.islandmuaythai.com/Muay_Thai_training_camp_photos_2.htm

The gloves above as in the picture are not for combat purposes but for training. If the model herself has been doing Muay Thai for 2 years, but not as a combat exercise but for more of recreation, then the statement about a true fighter is out of place here. If one takes a look at lurker's thread on the Muay Thai, that picture well executed as it is is not without its flaws. So are you also saying that for the guy in that thread, he is also putting practitioner of the art to shame?

Unless you are saying that two fighters in a combative stance, then yes. Probably then, yes, a more professional look in terms of the art is needed.

Hi Scandal599,

Thanks for your input.

The stance used is here. I wonder how many here who commented actually did their homework? haha....

I agree that the picture isnt 100% Muay Thai. For instance, you would expect to see a Fighter probably more with muscles, more tomboyish and in a fighting ring. But if every picture is the same, then why do you pick up your camera? You might as well use existing shots.

Please do not get me wrong. I understand all your feedback on lighting (brighter, instead of darker and edgier themes) and expecting to see more props, accessories relating to Muay Thai. I will include this in the next round of shoot.

Lastly, I feel that inputs with links to similar ideas, suggestions are extremely constructive. Thats why its helpful to pose here so that fellow photographers can provide their inputs. I like to thank those with all for these type of suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.