Cherating, Pahang Malaysia

Status
Not open for further replies.

haqeel

Jan 21, 2009
Sembawang, SG
haqeel.livejournal.com
good day everyone.

my family is planning to go to Cherating for a holiday at the end of this year.
but theres so many resorts to choose.

if anyone had went Cherating before, which resort will u suggest?

how about the travelling? self-drive or by plane?

if u have any photos taken from Cherating, do u mind sharing it over here?

thanks alot :)

hi there.

I've went to cherating before well my family picked The Legends Resort..well honestly speaking my family again will be going there by car end of this coming month so yup.
The accomadation there is pretty awesome the place we stayed in was like 200m away from the beach :]

i really cant wait to go to there soon end of this year.
but i need more advices, i mean like recommendations so i'll have a good holiday! ;)

Try Impiana Resort in Cherating. A self-drive is always nice. You get to see the kampung lifestyle in that peaceful place. I jst gt back from K.Terengganu and bypass that area. U may want to try Sep instead, that's when the turtles will start cmg onshore to lay their eggs. :) The beaches are fantastic! The Legends has a long stretch of nice beach! The last time when i was there, there was this cow walking along the beach! Nice picture, but i didnt have my cam with me! :)

Enjoy ur hols!;)

If you use to drive to Malaysia you may just drive there. Take the Segamat - Kuantan highway (it is actually just a normal road, not like the NS highway) to Kuantan before proceed to Cherating.

This Segamat Kuantan highway is faster, but along the way nothing much too see, IMO. Taking the road along east shore of Johor (Kota Tingi - Mersing - Pekan) is more scenic.

Clubmed is pretty good but its really expensive too, but since your driving, why not take the village package? its much cheaper, stayed there for 3 Nights 2 years ago, with return airfare on Malaysian airlines, paid about 800 a pax, had to transit in KL too but i think the village only package is much cheaper, so ya might wanna look into that

Just went there with family during the June holidays.
Stayed at the Swiss Garden Resort.
Very clean & well suited for the family.
Not too far from Kuantan town.
Very satisfied!

Clubmed is pretty good but its really expensive too, but since your driving, why not take the village package? its much cheaper, stayed there for 3 Nights 2 years ago, with return airfare on Malaysian airlines, paid about 800 a pax, had to transit in KL too but i think the village only package is much cheaper, so ya might wanna look into that

Hi, just wonder how you went Cherating from Kuantan airport? How long it takes?

Hai Haqeel,

From my personal experience, the Awana Kijal in Cherating is money's worth. Me and my family was there during the last Chinese New Year to get away from it all. Although the rooms are a bit pricey they are compensated by the very fair price of food in the Chinese Restaurant and other outlets in the Hotel. Get up early and take a long walk along the beach which has a golf course and shoot the beautiful sunrise. By 6.00 pm evening, take a another walk alongside the golf course and use it to advantage to take the sunset! Golfers would normally be gone by 6.00pm or so at that resort and you would be quite safe from stray balls. Use the east coast route and pack some drinks and snacks so that you can stop along the beautiful beaches around the town of Nenasi for a brief stop and rest. The traffic is sparse and you will enjoy the leisurely drive all the way. If you have got long lens, then get someone in the car to look out for raptors which could be soaring just above you!
Happy holidays!

I frequent kuantan and kemaman for work. Stayed in awana before, but most of the time i stay at kuantan town area. Anyway now if you want to go can take firefly, budget air direct to kuantan airport. As for resort, i would say clubmed will be better. Or else legend will be ok too. But as for awana and impiana, i have heard many ghost stories about it. the worse one being awana. There is 1 room which is sealed up. Can't remember the room number, i think it should be 244 or 424. Anyway very long story.. lazy to type out. But if u happen to stay there, do check out the sealed room.. maybe you can ask the staff, see if they tell u anything.

I frequent kuantan and kemaman for work. Stayed in awana before, but most of the time i stay at kuantan town area. Anyway now if you want to go can take firefly, budget air direct to kuantan airport. As for resort, i would say clubmed will be better. Or else legend will be ok too. But as for awana and impiana, i have heard many ghost stories about it. the worse one being awana. There is 1 room which is sealed up. Can't remember the room number, i think it should be 244 or 424. Anyway very long story.. lazy to type out. But if u happen to stay there, do check out the sealed room.. maybe you can ask the staff, see if they tell u anything.

is there a ghost in the resort? or is the room haunted? :D

I think it just happen to stay in that room. never heard any problem with other rooms. But someone was murdered in that room, thus a residential ghost there. My unlucky colik stayed in that room once and never go back to the same hotel again. So did the rest of us who use to stay there.

Oooooo~ that sound scary. Alright I won't go for that hotel or room to ruin my holiday. :D
So do any of you have pictures of Cherating to excite me more ? :)

I think it just happen to stay in that room. never heard any problem with other rooms. But someone was murdered in that room, thus a residential ghost there. My unlucky colik stayed in that room once and never go back to the same hotel again. So did the rest of us who use to stay there.

This reminds me of incredible tales on channel 5 hahahha

Anyway I always believe everyone is different and some people are just more sensitive whenever it comes to such paranormal activities.

I think Cherating is a good place to take photo. Lots of nice beach and nice atap houses to take photo of. Too bad, I only took up photography just recently. So nothing to share. I'm thinking of going club med Cherating next year. If I execute the plan, I will definately post the pictures here. :)

ive just key in a search, blablabla, and found the price of 3.4k for it.
1children and 4adults..

is the price for the ClubMed this expensive?
or how about other resort at Cherating we could stay that is much cheaper than this?
as economy is down, we're on a budget. maybe about 300 and below? :think:

Last edited:
alright, after much googles, finally came to a conclusion to stay for 3d2n at the HolidayVilla Cherating.

anyone went here before?
how is it there and any recommendations?

thanks! :)

good day everyone.

my family is planning to go to Cherating for a holiday at the end of this year.
but theres so many resorts to choose.

if anyone had went Cherating before, which resort will u suggest?

how about the travelling? self-drive or by plane?

if u have any photos taken from Cherating, do u mind sharing it over here?

thanks alot :)

Hi

I dont recommend going to Cherating during end of the year...
Its the monsoon season.. It will rain and rain like siao...
the segamat - Kuantan area is prone to floods now and then...
due to the monsoon, the sea would also be rough!!!!

Latest time to go is Oct when the monsoon not yet set in...
me former kuantan native... :D;p

Hi

I dont recommend going to Cherating during end of the year...
Its the monsoon season.. It will rain and rain like siao...
the segamat - Kuantan area is prone to floods now and then...
due to the monsoon, the sea would also be rough!!!!

Latest time to go is Oct when the monsoon not yet set in...
me former kuantan native... :D;p

omg.... thats bad news... :(
im plannign to go around the end of November..
will see about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.