Chendol

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtemujin

Apr 1, 2005
Singapura, Singapore
Any good chendol, green bean paste, recommendation shop here in Singapore ?

Many thanks.

Any good chendol, green bean paste, recommendation shop here in Singapore ?

Many thanks.

of course, there is a stall in chinatown mended by husband n wife. cheap n good. their qing-ting is good stuff.

here comes the direction, take escalator up, turn right and walk straight, turn right and turn right. 2nd stall. beside it, is a stall selling fish soup. uncle wearing a spec. finally, self service oh.

of course, there is a stall in chinatown mended by husband n wife. cheap n good. their qing-ting is good stuff.

here comes the direction, take escalator up, turn right and walk straight, turn right and turn right. 2nd stall. beside it, is a stall selling fish soup. uncle wearing a spec. finally, self service oh.
where in chinatown bro...u gave the direction but no location...:think:

I can't find any in Singapore that is of the traditional kind. The only time I get to savor that is back in Malaysia. Yum.

Are you referring to the one in Malacca?

Dreaming: Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah, there used to be a good chendol store at the old Geylang market where there will be shaved iced.

Melaka chendol with the santan and gula melaka. Too far to travel. :heart:

where in chinatown bro...u gave the direction but no location...:think:

sorry, guys. the chinatown complex. 2nd floor. will go and jot down the unit number whenever possible.

I can't find any in Singapore that is of the traditional kind. The only time I get to savor that is back in Malaysia. Yum.

there ought to be.... be patience..

sorry, guys. the chinatown complex. 2nd floor. will go and jot down the unit number whenever possible.

i will go and try

but my current fav is at bedok interchange

"hollywood chendol" but now change management already
not as nice but still the best so far

Are you referring to the one in Malacca?

there and almost at anumber of places in Malaysia if you know where to look or have relative to bring you about. It is the simplest of dessert to make. I am not talking those adulterated ones you see many here and "claim" to be the best with tons of add-on stuff. The traditional chendol is just hand rub ice shaving into a small aluminum bowl which is 1/3 full of the green wormy jelly and the yummy gula melaka syrup and milk dunk over the ice shaving. ...melting half of it and that is all..it is Chendol old school. Not even red bean is inside it. The closest I got to that is down stair my own home at a Malay dessert stall at the market/hawker stall ( Eunos MRT) which is pretty close but still...problem is she kept the green jelly thingy so frozen it is sometime hard as it has yet to thaw when she mix up a bowl....The Malaysian one..by the road side ....SHOIK and the one I love the most is in Seremban Town near the telecom station. That is a trip worth making I tell ya. Everyday I am there, a trip there for at least 2 bowl is a must.

Last edited:
there and almost at anumber of places in Malaysia if you know where to look or have relative to bring you about. It is the simplest of dessert to make. I am not talking those adulterated ones you see many here and "claim" to be the best with tons of add-on stuff. The traditional chendol is just hand rub ice shaving into a small aluminum bowl which is 1/3 full of the green wormy jelly and the yummy gula melaka syrup and milk dunk over the ice shaving. ...melting half of it and that is all..it is Chendol old school. Not even red bean is inside it. The closest I got to that is down stair my own home at a Malay dessert stall at the market/hawker stall ( Eunos MRT) which is pretty close but still...problem is she kept the green jelly thingy so frozen it is sometime hard as it has yet to thaw when she mix up a bowl....The Malaysian one..by the road side ....SHOIK and the one I love the most is in Seremban Town near the telecom station. That is a trip worth making I tell ya. Everyday I am there, a trip there for at least 2 bowl is a must.

I think you meant coconut milk (santan) rather than cows milk. But yes I have noticed the chendol here tend to have frozen green jelly.

This is my favourite chendol stall, its at chinatown hawker centre.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Beware of the gula melaka! If you find it not nice, I volunteer to refund you from my pocket.

i think they are refering to the chinatown wet market along foodstreet

Bingo! If you fancy chee cheong fun, there is one popular just behind this chendol stall, always long queue, you cant miss it.

There's a stall in a Simei kopitiam (just beside the MRT station, alongside a bakery called Mirana) which sells decent chendol for $1.20
If you are looking for good quality cheng tng, there's a stall at bedok corner (opp. Bedok camp) which sells the best cheng tng (IMO) in SG. hahaha..

i'm not exactly a chendol connoisseur so anything with lots of gula melaka is fine wif me ;p

However, i remember going to one store where they managed to screw up the gula melaka (i.e- heavily substitute it with sugar water) ;(

Try the chendol at Temptation Island at Simpang Bedok. The stall is within a shop selling teochew kway teow mee soup located opposite the Shop N Save supermarket. I like the genuine gula melaka and santan used. Most of my friends whom I recommended liked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.