Chek-Jawa (Pulau Ubin) Photo Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

hey. hmm. actually u dun need join their tour hmm. if interested actually go urself is better:x

30 bucks: 2pm-545, inclusive of the transport.

based on my personal experience travelling to pulau ubin myself,

go to jetty at 9am,
pay 4 bucks for trip there,
another 4 bucks for rental of bikes (whole day)
get a map so u wont get lost,

u can cycle around the island urself, and u can do much more:x

then tired liao go back at abt 2-3, depends on u. return trip is 4 bucks.

total is just 12? well. i went chek jawa too haha. round island.

see lor. comfort of bus vs maneuverability

i been there 2 times, both times missed the low tide so basically reaching there only see sea water haha. if u want to go there yourself, u need to check for the tide times. :)

when u want to go? i haven been there since i bought my DSLR.

the boat trip cost only $2.50 to and another $2.50 back if not wrong ...

aiya need to work on 29 jan ... cannot go le ... sian

i been there 2 times, both times missed the low tide so basically reaching there only see sea water haha. if u want to go there yourself, u need to check for the tide times. :)

when u want to go? i haven been there since i bought my DSLR.

tat day i went with a few frens, should have asked u along sia..

it seems impossible to catch if the low tide timing is @ ~7am. happen to be there once with low tide ard 1, really got alot of things to see and shoot. there is a 'tower' where you can climb up and get panoramic view of chek jawa and of course tekong bmt schools.

advisable to bring along a zoom if you want to take close up of the creatures over there, 50mm on a aps-c wont be enough..

whens the date? im interested

the boat trip cost only $2.50 to and another $2.50 back if not wrong ...

I'd suggest a group size of 12 or 24. Reason being the boats can only accommodate 12 persons and the boatmen would be reluctant to leave if the boat is only half full? Lets put our names down, date would be either this weekend or next, we'll let the threadstarter decide.

1) cheryh79
2) sinned79
3) chuanzuya
4) harnamsc

i dont mind going....put me down if its this weekend.

i wish to go too..so..is cycle, walk or..?..
when is it???..

cheerS!!!:)

if you keen to go, I dun mind going again. Previous trip I was walking all the way.
Yes. Boat trip is $2.50 per trip. Best if going by 12 because return trip will have to depend the number of ppl taking the boat.
I've seen a snake at Chek Jawa before and it's amazing.
Previous trip photos. http://henry.sg/?g2_itemId=3833

Hey Michael, I think you can start the ball rolling with the date and time... :) Im interested, but have to see the date first....:)

I'd suggest a group size of 12 or 24. Reason being the boats can only accommodate 12 persons and the boatmen would be reluctant to leave if the boat is only half full? Lets put our names down, date would be either this weekend or next, we'll let the threadstarter decide.

1) cheryh79
2) sinned79
3) chuanzuya
4) harnamsc
5) Glenn

if you dont mind i recommend this itinerary on past experience.

walk all the way to chek jawa and then after all is done, pay for the minibus service back to the pier.

1) cheryh79
2) sinned79
3) chuanzuya
4) harnamsc
5) Glenn
6) wwjd82 (hope not this sat.)

if you dont mind i recommend this itinerary on past experience.

walk all the way to chek jawa and then after all is done, pay for the minibus service back to the pier.

May I know how long is the walk? Do they have regular minibus service that ply between the jetty and Chek Jawa?

1) cheryh79
2) sinned79
3) chuanzuya
4) harnamsc
5) Glenn
6) wwjd82 (hope not this sat.)

Last edited:
May I know how long is the walk? Do they have regular minibus service that ply between the jetty and Chek Jawa?
the walk is about two hours if stop here and there to take pics. the minibus is a regular service but like the ferry, they wont move for less then 5-6 people. forgot how much though.

here is my past experience at chek jawa. http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=486339

Status
Not open for further replies.