Checking items before leaving - IT Show '08

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkchukiss

Mar 6, 2008
To everyone who will be buying from the IT Show - do check that you have received the freebies listed in the brochure if you ever make a purchase. I went down to the Audio House booth to purchase a Fujifilm S5800fd camera. It was supposed to come with a tripod, a SD card, soft case, Varta charger with batteries, screen protector and cleaning kit.

After bargaining a little with the sales promoter, he gave me an invoice, which I paid. In the list, the Varta charger was missing. I neglected to check this, so I collected the rest of the items, and left without the charger. It was only when we were near the MRT station that my friend (who had wisely memorised the list of freebies) thought that something was missing. We checked the brochure again, and discovered that the Varta charger was not listed inside the invoice. We went back to the Audio House booth, and the people at the redemption counter made it right for me.

Now, if my friend were not sharp enough to catch my mistake, I would have literally ripped myself off. Please do check the invoice and items you receive against the brochure, and make sure that you have collected what you are promised! Don't rip yourself off by being careless about this like I did!

Wahh... i have the same encounter as you during last year's Comex'07..i bought a fuji S5700..then the lady packing my camera and freebies never pack my UV filter...Lucky my friend ask me to check...

Haha! Saved by a friend! Moral of the story? If you are buying big ticket items, bring a friend along. He can help you check for missing items, and kaypoh what you bought too!

Status
Not open for further replies.