Checking for dead pixels

Status
Not open for further replies.

pop

Jun 10, 2002
Visit site
When you buy a digital camera, do you check for dead pixels in the ccd? Does the shop help u to check or u have to do it yourself? Is it easy to check? Or if u go home then check, and you find one dead pixel, can u ask for a replacement? Thks.

Happened to me... my Epson 3100Z had a little green dot which is only seen in dark shots.

Sent it back to Epson.. they will replace a new set for me (when stock arrives).

It's quite difficult to check as it is almost unnoticable.

:cool:

Originally posted by pop
When you buy a digital camera, do you check for dead pixels in the ccd? Does the shop help u to check or u have to do it yourself? Is it easy to check? Or if u go home then check, and you find one dead pixel, can u ask for a replacement? Thks.

i heard from other experts here to test dead pixels,

have the lens cap on, take a shot and view the lcd screen, the screen should be 100% black, no other color dots appear. use ur hand to cover the lens, and take without flash if there is no lens cap.

take another shot using white background, screen should appear white.

Originally posted by mlwang

i heard from other experts here to test dead pixels,

have the lens cap on, take a shot and view the lcd screen, the screen should be 100% black, no other color dots appear. use ur hand to cover the lens, and take without flash if there is no lens cap.

take another shot using white background, screen should appear white.

this will work for LCD. to check for dead pixels on CCD, you would need to zoom in and look around the pic for any abnormal dots. it's not easy to do this on a small LCD screen.

hello,

can u answer my question as from the title. how do i check for dead pixels on the photo if i am going to buy the digicam, and am not going to be able to print the pcitures immediately .

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.